Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Iv carried everywhere I legally can since I got back from iraq. That includes several dates. I feel naked wo my sigs.

·
Retired
13,598 Posts
When you hug, the side with the firearm side arm should be low and the other arm high.

Last thing you want is for her Mom to hug and feel your weapon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Instead of stuffing a sock on your crotch to look bigger just appendix carry a desert eagle. You'll look hung and you can protect yourself. Win win.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Iv carried everywhere I legally can since I got back from iraq. That includes several dates. I feel naked wo my sigs.
I thought you carry two full sized Colt 1911's in a custom shoulder rig?

When you hug, the side with the firearm side arm should be low and the other arm high.

Last thing you want is for her Mom to hug and feel your weapon.

Too true. I would be disturbed for my girlfriend's mom to accidentally grasp my gun...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Thoughts on whether to carry on a date?
For me there's no difference whether it's a date or not, if I'm legally allowed to carry I will, just business as usual...

If she has a problem with it she can go pound sand but so far, that's not been the case...When and if it comes up, they usually want me to take them to the range...

If you're picking her up at her house, best to leave it in the car, IIRC you need consent to bring a firearm onto someone elses property...

Last date I went on we ended up at one of my LGS's looking at compound bows and buying ammo...love them southern girls!!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I was carrying on my first date with my wife. Funny thing is I was appendix carrying. I did mot have a good holster at the time. She hugged me and felt it. She said "is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me". I guess she did not expect it to be a gun. I pulled it out and said "actually it is my XD 45". Her response was let's go shoot it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
nitestalker said:
I think this started when Clyde Barrows ask Bonnie Parker to go for a coke in Dallas. How did that work out?:eek:
Just don't rob any banks and you should not have this problem lol.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
I thought you carry two full sized Colt 1911's in a custom shoulder rig?

Too true. I would be disturbed for my girlfriend's mom to accidentally grasp my gun...
Nope. I haven't carried the Colts for several months now-still have em but I now carry a matched set of Sig nightmare 45 acp gov't 1911. I carry them either in the shoulder holsters or right leg combat low/leftside high crossdraw. Usually the second option. That's fixing to change though.

·
Administrator
34,444 Posts
I think this started when Clyde Barrows ask Bonnie Parker to go for a coke in Dallas. How did that work out?:eek:
It worked out pretty good.........until the very end. :p

·
Banned
2,820 Posts
Thoughts on whether to carry on a date?
Absolutely, providing the date is taking place where firearms are allowed. I look at it this way. This is me, this is what I do. If it bothers you, don't expect a second date.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Yes why not, if she doesnt like it then i didnt want to be with her anyways.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I always carry on dates, the first time i went to my girlfriends i had her make the parents aware of it just to respect their home. Her father carries as well so he welcomed it then we compared our collections and carry pieces

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Be straight up on that first date and bring it up early on. No scarring or disapointing a date that goes sideways when she finds out later.
My first date also envoled shooting with my wife. Worked out well for going on 36 years

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Hell I would! Besides, why would you wanna date a girl that's not ok with firearms? Lol
Bingo...

Make your first date a trip to the pistol range...If she balks, she's not worth any more of your time. ;)

Tack

1 - 20 of 123 Posts