Concealed Carry while Dating

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Chase127, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

Thoughts on whether to carry on a date?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Iv carried everywhere I legally can since I got back from iraq. That includes several dates. I feel naked wo my sigs.

3. austin92

austin92 New Member

Hell I would! Besides, why would you wanna date a girl that's not ok with firearms? Lol

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Very good point here

5. austin92

austin92 New Member

Learn from your mistakes lol

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

When you hug, the side with the firearm side arm should be low and the other arm high.

Last thing you want is for her Mom to hug and feel your weapon.

7. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

If she feels it just tell her you're just happy to see her lol :)

8. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Instead of stuffing a sock on your crotch to look bigger just appendix carry a desert eagle. You'll look hung and you can protect yourself. Win win.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I thought you carry two full sized Colt 1911's in a custom shoulder rig?

Too true. I would be disturbed for my girlfriend's mom to accidentally grasp my gun...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. vincent

vincent New Member

For me there's no difference whether it's a date or not, if I'm legally allowed to carry I will, just business as usual...

If she has a problem with it she can go pound sand but so far, that's not been the case...When and if it comes up, they usually want me to take them to the range...

If you're picking her up at her house, best to leave it in the car, IIRC you need consent to bring a firearm onto someone elses property...

Last date I went on we ended up at one of my LGS's looking at compound bows and buying ammo...love them southern girls!!!

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I was carrying on my first date with my wife. Funny thing is I was appendix carrying. I did mot have a good holster at the time. She hugged me and felt it. She said "is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me". I guess she did not expect it to be a gun. I pulled it out and said "actually it is my XD 45". Her response was let's go shoot it.

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I think this started when Clyde Barrows ask Bonnie Parker to go for a coke in Dallas. How did that work out?:eek:

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Just don't rob any banks and you should not have this problem lol.

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Nope. I haven't carried the Colts for several months now-still have em but I now carry a matched set of Sig nightmare 45 acp gov't 1911. I carry them either in the shoulder holsters or right leg combat low/leftside high crossdraw. Usually the second option. That's fixing to change though.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It worked out pretty good.........until the very end. :p

16. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Absolutely, providing the date is taking place where firearms are allowed. I look at it this way. This is me, this is what I do. If it bothers you, don't expect a second date.

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yes why not, if she doesnt like it then i didnt want to be with her anyways.

18. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I always carry on dates, the first time i went to my girlfriends i had her make the parents aware of it just to respect their home. Her father carries as well so he welcomed it then we compared our collections and carry pieces

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Be straight up on that first date and bring it up early on. No scarring or disapointing a date that goes sideways when she finds out later.
    My first date also envoled shooting with my wife. Worked out well for going on 36 years

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

Make your first date a trip to the pistol range...If she balks, she's not worth any more of your time. ;)

Tack