Concealed Carry recommendations for my Sigma 9mm

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by curly45, Nov 24, 2010.

1. curly45

curly45 New Member

Just got a Sigma 9mm and would appreciate suggestions on the best way to carry. Most of the time I'm in shorts and T-shirts, which limits the choices"I think"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If that's your usual garb, take a look at an "In Waistband Holster" (IWB).

3. Bighead

Bighead New Member

A good belt slide holster that rides tight to the body or an inside-waist-band holster. Another option would be off-body carry, like a Maxpedition Gearslinger or <cough, cough> a fanny pack holster.

Don Hume JIT slide is an excellent value in belt slides holsters, and I can highly recommend it.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh.....I let the wife carry the Sigma

6. locnload

locnload New Member

Don't want to ruin your day, but I have heard some pretty discouraging things about the Sigma's dependability. I think the first thing I would do is trade it for a more dependable gun, put it in reserve and buy something else, or at least take it to the range and put several hundreds rounds downrange so you know it will work when you need it, nothing worse than needing a leathal weapon and finding you have a 6 inch plastic club in your hand. Maybe I'm wrong and they have worked out the bugs in the Sigma but I know the early ones were jamamatics. That being said, what ever you carry, my recommendation would be to find a good comfortable kydex IWB. It makes it much easier to conceal if you dont have to worry about the bottom of the gun being visable. I love OWB leather holsters, but unless you routinely wear a long shirt tail untucked, it is a problem to keep hidden.
    Good Luck;)

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I had an early Sigma 40 and it was very reliable. I gave it to my son and he has not had any problems with it.