Concealed Carry Permit-Indiana

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by stonesaver, Mar 19, 2013.

1. stonesaver

stonesaver New Member

Applied for my permit at my local county sheriff office in late November 2012. The female officer said, "don't hold your breath, word is it's backed up 14 weeks. So all of December, January, February, and now March 19th, 2013. I figure I am at about 15 weeks plus, still nothing in the mail. So if you are an Indiana resident be prepared to wait a good bit of time. I am thinking the wait time has probably got even longer in the last 3 months. The Glock 19 will just have to sit in the safe a few days...errr...I mean weeks longer. Maybe that gives more time at the range with anmo you can't afford to replace. 21st Century in Bluffton, Indiana had target WPA 9 mm for 15.95 a box, limit one, this week. Bud's Gun's in Huntington, Indiana had American Eagle 9mm for 21.95. Oops, gave away all my ammo secrets

2. austin92

austin92 New Member

April 4th will b 14 weeks since I applied. Still yet to get mine

3. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Applied for my lifetime permit in nov. was told 6 months...

4. steve666

steve666 New Member

All I can say is that I'm glad I got my lifetime a couple of years ago.:D

5. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Be patient, you'll get it. Try to look at processing back-ups as a good sign that our ranks are growing. In '08 Florida was backed up for 3-5 months, but there are now over a million people here legally packing.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

14 weeks isnt too bad for indiana, when i originally got my four year permit they said plan on it taking 10 to 12 weeks. But it came in about 8. Last year when i renewed and went with the lifetime it came in about 14.

7. austin92

austin92 New Member

I just hate checking the mail every morning knowing I have to leave the house unarmed :(

8. stonesaver

stonesaver New Member

I Understand, going into my busy season and I want get the "Utah permit" but I have to have IN permit before I can get the Utah. And since Ohio does not recognize IN permit I am in between a rock and a hard spot when I travel there for work. Also I am in IL a lot, but we all know the Land of Lincoln lets criminals off the hook, and law abiders no Constitutional rights...pepper spray, or bear spray..ha

9. austin92

austin92 New Member

Yeah, I love how our neighbors tell us to fist ourselves on carrying lol

10. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Us too. :)

11. austin92

austin92 New Member

This is the first time I've really had the extra money and time or I would've got mine this past summer when I bought my .40

12. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Me too, best thing i ever did.

13. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Ive never understood that sort of turn around. Wa state is required to process and get you your permit (or denial letter if you dont pass the background checks) within 30 days, from the day you turn in your application.

14. jfinch2377

jfinch2377 New Member

That is insane! I got my here in Ohio within three days!

15. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Took 6 months for my buddies to come in the mail when he applied for the 4 year.

16. phildenton

phildenton New Member

My wa cpl was 2 weeks.

17. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

applied for my permit back in August, and got it back 4 months later.

18. Ken_inWA

Ken_inWA New Member

Mine was 7 days application to mail box shocked me...

19. austin92

austin92 New Member

I applied December 27th. Still nothing.... :(

20. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Very Nice!! Was that county or city? Mine was county