Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Retired
It would have gone quicker if you would have applied for it in the Ft Walton Beach Office.

Registered
I went to the office in punta gorda with my paperwork, got printed digitally there and did the application there. I got my permit in 11 days :)

Registered
Florida CCW

Can take up to 90 days but is running round 30 to 45 based on tpeople are talking about here in Naples.

Dick

Banned
Florida varies depending on how many they have in front of you. I got mine in about 15 days. My daughter's took over 90 days. My friend got his in about 30 days. I was told if you do the fingerprints electronically it speeds things up. I did that.

Registered
MUCH faster going thru Ft. Walton :)

Registered
I mailed mine in from Illinois and got my permit back in about 3 weeks. I had set of inked prints done when I was in Florida.

Registered
If you go to a regional department, they take your photo

and fingerprints digitally, and you avoid mail-in time

got mine in @ 4 1/2 weeks...

Registered
That's true that processing through the regional office is more efficient, but you also need to make an appointment. I wasn't able to get in for three weeks, and was leaving Florida to go back to Illinois before I could get an appointment.

Premium Member

Premium Member
We dont need one here in Wyoming.:D Open or concealed carry is legal without a permit.:):)

But the state issues them anyway, so folks who travel can carry in other states.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts