Concealed carry on college campuses

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by RandymanG19, May 28, 2014.

1. RandymanG19

RandymanG19 New Member

Grandson graduation from high school on campus of UT Arlington. Can I carry?

2. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

no it is against Texas law you can however leave it in your vehicle legally on campus New revision allows people, including students, with concealed handgun licenses to store their firearms in their cars on a university campus or in parking lots. Neither public nor private universities can create a law prohibiting it. Was expanded in conference committee to go beyond just students. Effective Sept. 1, 2013.

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

You no longer have that right, the libtards have infringed your rights so therefore you have no way to defend yourself or your Family, only the criminal can have a gun.....isn't it great?

4. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Yes you can carry your camera but NO GUNS.

5. RandymanG19

RandymanG19 New Member

SB 1907 signed by rick perry. On campus parking only.

6. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

That's why I plan on going to college in Oregon in a few years... concealed carry on campus is legal

7. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

College campuses are normally only unsafe for girls -- the rape risk.

And by the time they are 21 and old enough to own a pistol or revolver they are usually graduated or married. So pepper spray of some form, like their hair spray cans, is the best defense for them.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

wow, just wow.

i am pretty sure you just made a lot of enemies among college women with that statement Shoobee. i am pretty sure some fathers of daughters might disagree with that statement as well.

you might want to move into the current decade, as there are lots more women who are shooting and buying guns. i am pretty sure many of them feel they have the right to carry or use a gun for SD just as much as man does.

Attached Files:

9. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Maybe instead of giving young adults a can of pepper spray and telling them goodluck, see you when you turn 21, we should treat them like adults and let them conceal carry.

Oh, and don't forget that most colleges have rules against pepper spray. In Alaska, you can't even carry one until you're 21.

10. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Oh, and I forgot. You don't have to be 21 to own a pistol. You just have to be 21 to buy it from a store, or to buy ammo for it.

I bought my first pistol at 18, and I bought my 2nd one at 19. It's a shame that I have to get my dad to buy ammo for me...

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

GFZ's without metal detectors, armed guards, and a secure perimeter are NOT gun free... They are a Liberal wet dream... and I stopped suffering fools many years ago.

Concealed means concealed so make the decision that best suits your personal security needs and be prepared to deal with any potential consequences.

Tack