Concealed carry in vehicle…

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CourtJester, Aug 4, 2010.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I don’t know that I’ve ever pulled out of the driveway and traveled from point A to point B within the posted speed limit. Needless to say, I’ve had a couple of traffic tickets. I lived in Indiana for several years and didn’t have an issue with it. I then moved to Illinois where they follow Hitler’s gun control mindset so I never carried. Now in Iowa and about to take the test to carry again.

So more for the cops here….

If you pulled someone over with a firearm in the glove compartment or center console and they have to open it; I would assume it would be best to tell them before opening it and moving the gun out of the way. But would it be better off to just put it under the seat so it’s not brought up or an issue at all?

I know how Illinois cops were just getting pulled over on my way to a range with the gun in the case in the bed of the truck. Anal for sure. I guess what would make you more comfortable when you catch me speeding through your town???

2. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Have your license and proof of insurance in your hand before the officer comes to the window. You know what he is going to want to see, so get it ready before he gets up to the door. I will not let you open the glove box to get an insurance card if you tell me there is a gun in the glove box. You will be "asked nicely" to step out of the car and then I will get the card out of the glove box. If you don't tell me there is a gun in the glove box and then I see it while you are sticking your hand INTO the glove box, you will hear my Nighthawk 45 ACP clearing leather and me speaking to you in a rather loud and forceful way. If you are wearing a gun and it doesn't show, keep your mouth shut. If you have a holstered gun on, and you are told to get out of the car, then tell the officer you are wearing a gun and were it is on your person. Bottom line, be ready before the officer gets up to your car. Don't say anything about guns, knives, football, or ex-wives unless directly asked.

3. hardrock

hardrock New Member

What Flint Rock said. Don't ruin your chances for concealed carry forever.

4. CourtJester

Good to get insight from those on the other end.
    Thanks for the input guys

5. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

Mayssad Ayoob video

There is a short video somewhere on line under "GUNS AND AMMO " VIDEOS with Mayssad Ayoob showing you what to do when you are approched & stopped while driving & carring a concealed gun, try to look it up it's an intreasting video to watch :cool:

6. Jess

Jess New Member

I would also like to say, DON"T SPEED. Its against the law, silly, expensive, dangerous, AND gives those nice law enforcement officers a reason to pull you over.

7. CourtJester

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11637139]Good times, good times on Vimeo[/ame]

I'm trying not to