Concealed carry in mississippi

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by shootinfool, Aug 13, 2011.

1. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Hi i live in mississippi an live on a farm. Ive heard that teenagers who live on a farm could get their concealed carry liscence before most people can. I wa just wondering if this is true and if it isnt, at what age can i get it. :confused

"it flies it dies", "its brown its down"

2. alderoth

alderoth New Member

In the state of mississippi you have to be old enough to purchase a firearm in order to apply for a conceal carry permit. It is against the law to carry a weapon that isn't yours, that is why it is this way. There are no longer" special circumstances" for applicants. I am a disabled combat veteran with two tours of duty in iraq and I still paid $132.00 fee plus waited two to three months for it to arrive. Sorry if this info brings you down.

3. Hawg

Hawg New Member

You have to be 21, the exception is vehicle carry. You have to be 18 for that. First time permit is 132.00. Permit is good for five years. You have to undergo an FBI background check and be fingerprinted.

BTW that "if it flies it dies, if its brown its down" makes you sound like a redneck punk. Not name callin, just sayin.

4. alderoth

alderoth New Member

All sorts of sensitive aren't we lol. I get your point though lmao!!

5. Hawg

Hawg New Member

No, I see those bumper and window stickers all the time and you can guess the type of people that have them.

6. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Hah i just thought that was funny. I dont really just shoot any kind of birds i see flying and i definately dont shoot fawns.

Thanks for the info guys and thank you for your service alderoth.

7. Hawg

Hawg New Member

What part of MS. are you in?

8. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

I live near Jackson.

9. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Ok I'm close to Laurel.

10. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Cool, there isnt too many people on this forum from around here. Yea you live about an hour from jackson then.

11. alderoth

alderoth New Member

Yeah I see those bumper stickers as well. I have an NRA sticker and a Hornady sticker on my window and the really annoying rednecks will come up and try to talk to me lol. Im only in the orginization because it helps with the whole resume thing for starting a small business in gunsmithing lol. Oh and thanks for the support. I loved my job in the Army. Just sucks my injuries kept me from staying in.

12. alderoth

alderoth New Member

Oh and since everyone was telling their location, im in lumberton, the poplarville side lol. The SMSA shoots about a mile from my house.