concealed carry in car

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by redteck215, Mar 16, 2012.

1. redteck215

redteck215 New Member

So i have an springfield xd .45 acp and i love it. I want to have it with me more often. Im trying to figure out a spot i can mount it the the under side of my dash. I kinda want to go with a sherpa do to the locking mech. Any ideas or pics of your set up i cant wear it on me in the car. Hurts my back really badly.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would check your local laws to start with. Here in ma if its not on you then it needs to be unloaded and locked up.

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

When in the car I have my 45 plus extra magazine in cigar-box on passenger seat next to me concealed.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Lot depends on how you car is set up-
    I have two Ford trucks, 2007 4x4 i keep one in the console- 2005 2WD it sets under the folding console cause the inside of console is a little smaller than the 4x4-
    I dont think i'd want a fancy smacy under dash holster - That would limit access to drivers seat IMO :confused:

BTW- as mentioned check your laws- Here in Texas we can carry loaded handguns in our truck/car as long as its not visible----

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. redteck215

redteck215 New Member

Ill have to do more research but from my understandings here in wa state if every one in the car has a concealed permit then it dont matter were its at. But we also have an open carry law too. Im aloud to open carry. I know i cant have my rifle or shotgun loaded in cars. I sit with the seat all the way back. Which is odd im only 5-7. And have a longer waist. But how i sit i have almost if not a full foot from my knees to dash. I was thinkin a sherpa type as i wheel a little bit so i want it suckure.

6. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

What kind of vehicle do you have? Have you thought about a shoulder holster?

I really feel sorry for some of you. I have lived in Arizona for most of my life when I was not traveling with the Army. But after readiing some of the gun laws you all post about in your states, it makes me glad I do live here.

7. redteck215

redteck215 New Member

I have a 1999 ford explorer. It has the perfect curved dash under the steering wheel that will take a sherpa perfectly.

8. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

they have mounts for behind passenger seat and under driver

9. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

New design for conceal carry in vehicles.

Attached Files:

10. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

I love it and I need one. So does my dad.

11. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I'm sure the LEOs will love that when they walk up on your car.

12. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

All you have to do is keep your hands up and inform them you have a ccw

13. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

If they approach your car and see a weapon within reach of your hands.. you wont have time to announce you have a ccw.

I don't like the idea of that one, just my opinion.
    Personally, if mine isn't on my hip, I keep it in the small storage pocket on my door. Out of site but easily accessible.

14. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

they will know when they run the plates

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

They have a system like that where you live?
    I think that would work pretty well for LEOs to know what they should expect.
    Unfortunately we don't have anything like that here.
    But ive never hesitated to inform a Leo I was carrying. Like I said before, my pistol is usually on my hip right above my wallet. I don't want to reach for my I'D and have the cop freak out if my weapon becomes visible.

16. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

yes Sir hmmm where do you live?

17. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Pennsylvania. We seem to be beyond in technology here. Lol

18. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

hmmm thats strange. Are you in a very country part with a small police force?

19. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

No sir. I spent the last 26 years living in Philadelphia, recently move just 10 miles outside the city limits.

20. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

well then I have no explanation for that then. I'm from Mansfield Ohio