Concealed carry in a vehicle

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by loctite44144, Sep 7, 2012.

1. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

So how do you all concealed carry in your vehicle going for my concealed carry license just wanna know how do you all concealed carry in your vehicle

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Mine stays on me. At 4 o'clock position.

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Iwb @ 3:00...

4. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Dual wield @ 10:00 & 2:00.....safety first...haha

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Waistband, crossdraw, left side. I can draw and present to a threat on the driver's side of the vehicle without BONKing the steering wheel. Right side, seat belt is also in the way.

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

My G35 sits in the cupholder right next to me!!! When I get out of ny vehicle it's in a N82 pro tactical IWB at 3-4 o'clock.

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

White Hat Holster IWB at 3:30. When yellow starts to go orange it's not concealed anymore.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Sorry, the BG gets to find out, first, at the time most inconvenient to him.

And it's none of the ATF's business, anyway...

9. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

I was thing about something like this

Attached Files:

10. clearsights

clearsights New Member

one on me and the other in a holster under the steering wheel.

2012-08-27 15.05.44-1.jpg

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

As I drive and don't feel comfortable with it on my waist (unless I'm wearing my Blue Stone vest) I place firearm in a cigar box in passenger seat.

12. Rtyauch

Rtyauch New Member

if im on the interstate its in the console if im riding around town the daily newspaper goes on top of it in the passenger seat

13. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Ruger sr9c in the center console cocked locked and ready to rock

14. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Things to consider:

If you plan on carrying it on your person, how accessible is it? If you can't easily draw it, it defeats he purpose of carrying it. Make sure you find a method that works for you.
    If you decide to carry it in your vehicle, again make sure it is easily accessible. Also, what do you do if you're in an accident? Is the gun secure? If you separated from the vehicle, you won't have access to your weapon.

Glad your carrying- practice and train!

15. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

16. clearsights

clearsights New Member

lockbox or glove box if short term.

17. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

In a car accident, any firearm not secured could go skittering out onto the pavement for any passerby to pick up. All firearms should at least be in a mounted holster while driving to protect your CCW from confiscation for not securing your weapon and a possible civil suit for improper actions with your firearm by an unlicensed person.

A security holster mounted under or on the seat does an admirable job as long as a lockbox is available when unattended.

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

What does the ATF have to do with it?

And this is concealed, HOW?

19. phildenton

phildenton New Member

depends on where you live and the laws there. in wa open carry is legal, if im just going for a short drive i keep it on me, but if im going on a longer drive i have a holster attached to my seat, that ways its secure and easily accessible.

20. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

While a holster in the car/truck is very effective. I wouldn't use one unless I could stow it when I get out of the vehicle. To a thief the holster screams break in here. Even if you have no weapon in the vehicle a break in is expensive.

I don't put any gun related stickers on my vehicles. No need in advertising I have a gun.