Concealed carry holster for S&W 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by CaptJim, Nov 12, 2009.

1. CaptJim

CaptJim New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Lots of folks like the Milt Sparks offerings.

3. CaptJim

CaptJim New Member

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Not to be a pain but isn't thumb break/restraint and concealed carry mutually exclusive in a holster description?

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Get a Thunderwear IWB holster and never look back:D

6. CaptJim

CaptJim New Member

You're absolutely right

Not necessarily... I'm looking for something like this Commerce Storefront B2C for corporate/executive security jobs, but, as I said, the one I bought keeps knocking my 1911 safe into the "off/fire" position. I'd rather not buy a dozen until I find one that works so I thought I'd see if anyone has had any experience with anything like this.

Thanks again.
    CaptJim

7. Grayowl

Grayowl New Member

I carried a 1911 in a Bianchi 7L thumb brake holster for 0ver 25 years and never had the thumb safety disengage. I'm now using a Bianchi X15 with no problems. Many departments are now going with the Blackhawk Serpa holster as it provides the best security and the rigid polymer construction doesn't let the holster side rub the thumb safety like a nylon or leather holster might. My guns have a stock thumb safety - if you have an extended safety - that could be part of your problem.

Bruce,
    Savage Pistol Defense School

8. CaptJim

CaptJim New Member

Thanks!

Sorry it too me so long to respond. My younger brother passed away from pancreatic cancer just after I posted this question and things have been real messed up since. He has a wife and 2 little kids I'm trying to help take care of. Anyway thanks... I actually did go with the Blackhawk Serpa before I even saw your response. Been happy with it so far. The hard plastic paddle is a little tough on my bony ass/hips sometimes like when sitting in the car, but I love the quick access and positive locking action. Thanks again!
    Capt. Jim