concealed carry florida law?

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by greasefitn, Jul 5, 2013.

1. greasefitn

greasefitn New Member

does anyone know if it is legal in the state of Florida to carry multiple concealed weapons if you have your permit of course..... for example one in your car in one in your waistband? also are you allowed to carry multiple on your person?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Remember that the key word is "concealed".

That bulge at the waist, under your arm, at the hip, etc.... are all "tells".

4. greasefitn

greasefitn New Member

Yep i understand... And also thanks for the info... But theoretically if you could conceal multiple without having "tells" is it lawful?

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yes, yes, yes, and, let me check, oh, yes.

The Gutmacher book is the

last word on Florida gun law.

Written by an attorney in simple

English.

Also check "Florida" under "handgunlawus.com".

And a hearty welcome to you, from the Gunshine State.

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Therewolf has the right idea. For those of us who live in Florida, we don't have to guess about what the law is, or what it means. Gutmacher is an attorney who defends gun owners for a living and writes a great book that he updates every time the legislature meets.

If you carry in Fl. and you don't read this book, you are missing a great resource. The last copy I bought cost about $35.00, and it is the best money I have ever spent.

Search: Florida Firearms Use and Ownership, you will find the book.

7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

In Florida there is no limitation on the number of weapons or the number of firearms you can legally carry concealed if you have a permit.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

However, common courtesy limits you to the number you can carry and still keep your pants above your hips. I live here, so I would appreciate you taking care to keep this norm. ;)

I keep one concealed in the console of my car, another in the glove box and one will be on my hip. It is OK.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Got me some nice John Deere suspenders for just that reason. <grin>

10. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

I HIGHLY recommend Gutmacher's book!! Just bought another pistol a few weeks ago and picked up the 7th edition of his book as well. Read through the entire thing in less than a week. It is highly informative and he adds humor and common sense stuff as well. He covers everything under the sun in regards to Florida's firearms laws. Very readable for those of us with a monosyllabic vocabulary. Haha!!

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, don't do crack...:D

12. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

Yes it is legal. I've met several people that carry two guns, concealed, and on their persons, always. They're usually bikers, lol

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Too many handguns can result in "Plumbers Butt".:eek:

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If you carry one, you carry none.
    If you carry two, you carry one.

The idea is to have a backup to your primary.