Concealed Carry Clothing

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by MattyT, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MattyT

MattyT New Member

I am considering getting my license and am new to everything. Are there certain types of clothing to avoid when carrying concealed? I am asking because I like to wear comfortable athletic clothing alot in public and I'm concerned the weapon print or bulge would be noticeable even in an inside the waistband holster. Am I wrong? Would I have to make different clothing choices when I want to carry or does it not matter?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Learn to conceal your weapon in the cloths you normally wear--
    A good IWB holster is 90% of concealment ;)

3. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

No need to change the way you dress. There is a wonderful selection of holsters out there. You'll just have to try them and see what works for you.
    Me- Most days I use a Remora IWB holster and carry at my 1 o'clock. Not every one likes the Remora holsters but they work great for how I carry.
    Good luck

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Dockers, Tommy Bahama shirt and a Galco King Tuk or a CrossBreed Super Tuck.

5. IAlwaysCarry

IAlwaysCarry New Member

Lots consider when deciding to conceal of course clothing/holster/how to carry among the rest. I like a Kydex material because it doesn't collapse when the weapon is unholstered. I wear an IWB at 4:00 under most types of pants (eg: dress, siut, jeans dockers etc). Depending on your build and the gun frame, you might need to go up a pant size to accomodate the thickness. I think most of us can say we a box full of holsters which looked good in the package but didn't perform the way we wanted them to. "Choose wisely grasshopper".

6. IAlwaysCarry

IAlwaysCarry New Member

oh BTW. Don't wear a trench coat or safari vest in July. Great to conceal in the cooler weather. Sorta a give away in the summer.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

A bulge is just a bulge as long as it stays concealed.

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I didnt change my wardrobe when I started carrying, i carry a fullsize 1911 in a blackhawk serpa owb paddle. Usually a tshirt is enough to conceal my pistol but with some polo shirts i print a little.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yowza that's a bunch of gun to carry and conceal. But an awesome one at that!

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I heard Hawaiian shirts are the next thing on the 'To be Banned' list. (Assault Loud Clothing Ban?)

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As they say in Hawai'i, speak softly, and wear a loud shirt. Mine are Kahalas, Bishop Street, and Torrey Richard.

Some women buy a lot of shoes and handbags. I buy a lot of holsters.

(Fred- yer not gonna wear the 640 with THAT, are you? :eek:)

Really, it depends on what you carry, and what you wear. I might go for a medium framed auto with an IWB when I am wearing a suit- or a simple Uncle Mike's and Mdl 36 S&W when I am wearing cargo shorts.

Whatever you wear, it should always do a good job of RETAINING your weapon. Dropping your piece on the floor of the restaurant is considered very gauche, and WILL get you talked about.......

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Fred, does this holster make my butt look fat?

13. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I love those Tommy Bahama shirts. I hate the price tags though. I didn't change any of the clothes I wear, I just got a more concealable gun than my glock. It printed real bad on me given my relatively small size (6'2 170) But my P938 doesn't print at all

14. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Patterned shirts conceal better than solid-colored ones.

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

[​IMG]
    :p:p:p

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW, for all you mainlanders, two main branches of real Hawai'ian shirts-

Daytime- business wear- cotton, REVERSE PRINT. Bright stuff is inside, outside has gentle somewhat faded look (sort of like madras fabric after a few washings)

Evening- dress up- SILKIES. Made of silk or similar synthetic, bright colors OUT. Buttons made of coconut shell.

ALL Hawai'ian shirts are worn tails out. Comfortable, can be pressed, never starched. REALLY good with an IWB.

Where I get mine? Same place locals do. Sears. Windward Mall over in Kaneohe. Why, bodder you? :p A GOOD Hawai'ian shirt is not cheap, yes, you can order on line.

17. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Matty T For get all the tacti-cool clothing . Assum that soon as you start wearing some tacti-cool clothing ever one you know will see the difference in how you dress. It more about what you do normaly , how you dress ever day as to what you can Conceal. i have a 26" waiste son-inlaw that can conceal under a tucked in t shirt a KT P11 I carry a cw kahr. with a tucked in shirt. Good holster the right handgun and common sence with clothing will do. No more tight cloths . One size larger, a bit looser shirt as all you need.

18. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I wear shirt and shorts everyday also ride my longboard around town gun never shows a ruger sr40c iwb tagua leather holster 8 oclock (left handed) I like it because no matter what gun I'm carrying though latley its the ruger it works well and is not bulky at all though I did go up one size from 36 to 38 just cause with my gun the 36 is to tight

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  19. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Haha yes sir it is but i love my 1911.

20. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Hell, it's "A 1911"... I love your 1911!!! Lol