Concealed carry classes in or near Vt

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by vtfilamguy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. vtfilamguy

vtfilamguy New Member

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows were i can find classes in or near Vt, seriously considering carry. Vt doesn't have any restrictions on carry but i don't want to just be another guy packing heat without proper training. Thanks in advance everybody.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

check around your area for a gun range, they might have a certified instructor in their membership. also you can also check with your local PD or sheriff's office

3. marc29th

marc29th New Member

In NH they have them at the SIG Sauer Academy in Epping NH. I'm on there email mailing list and they have a list of classes at the bottom of the emails.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My buddy took it. He said it was fantastic. He learned a lot and had a blast.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm hoping time and funds will allow me to take a few courses there later this year :)

6. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I took my Basic Pistol Course in St. Albans. I found it on the NRA site. It was simple, through & effective. We shot .22lr for the class. We were five students to three instructors. After the class there were a few dozen different handguns in various calibers available for us to try. It took one full day. I think it cost me $100. You could ask if they do a class specifically for Concealed.

7. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Epping NH is only about an hour away, I'd like to take some courses there later this year.

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  9. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I think Smith & Wesson has training courses.

10. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

That may be too far depending on where in VT you live.