Concealed Carry class?

Discussion in 'Washington Gun Forum' started by JustinM, Dec 16, 2012.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Does anyone teach a concealed carry class? I'd like to take one that includes application fees.

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Since Washington State does not require proof of a government sanctioned class, and is a 'shall issue' state, you may find that any classes offered vary.

The Concealed Pistol License is a Washington State License administered by County for un-incorporated areas, and Cities for those residing in a city.

I am not sure where you live, but your WA posty indicated that you used to live in UP by Tacoma.

Pierce County Sheriff's office handles this area. $52.50 for an original license.

I am not aware of classes,
    Check the following.
    Gun Ranges, Staff and their bulletin boards.
    Local Gun Shop(s)

3. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I don't need any guidance on handling firearms or even carrying. I knew about the shall issue but figured a class on your record would help. I am a veteran and a country boy lol. Guns have been a big part of my life since a young age. I could probably teach the class. I'm not a WA resident that's why I wanted all the help I could get.

4. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

5. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I live between Mcchord AFB and Ft Lewis. Well I guess joint base lol. But in the middle

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Stop into Quantico or Surplus Ammo, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I took my son into Tacoma so he could get his CPL. 4.5 hours due to large number of people.

Saw quite a few in uniform. but also ~20% women.

It was a good day.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I live just a few minutes from the one in Lakewood. I haven't been yet but I've driven by.

8. ArmedAndVegan

ArmedAndVegan New Member

If you live in the city you can go to your city's police department OR the county sheriff.

My local PD was offering CPL by appointment only and were booked for more than a month. The county sheriff just has regular business hours, no appointment needed.

9. Bikertrash58

Bikertrash58 New Member

You might want to look into Firearms Academy in Seattle, Insights (not sure exact location right off the top of my head but it's on the Westside around the Sea-Tac area) and if you want to take a little Drive, Thunder Ranch in S.Oregon is a top notch facility.
    Hope this helps.
    BT