Concealed Carry Attire

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 11, 2012.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

What does your wardrobe consist of when you carry?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I tried a Speedo once on the beach. It didn't conceal too much. :)

I wear a long tail shirt during the winter.

3. phburks

phburks New Member

Usually jeans/khaki pants, or cargos shorts, and a T-shirt or polo. Nothing too baggy. And I usually carry IWB.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  4. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Spandex it prints well. Really I wear loose clothing.

5. phburks

phburks New Member

Ha! One of my goals while I live in Florida is to go to the beach in a Speedo with a spray-on tan.

6. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I dont have to change up my attire(thank goodness) because my clothes fit pretty relaxed anyway. I have noticed white tee's print little more though.

7. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

In the winter its jeans/dickies a size too big (I carry IWB), undershirt, t shirt, flannel, and my Carhart.

In the summer it's jeans (if it's not to hot) or shorts. Again, a size to big. Undershirt, t shirt, and button down plaid straight cut shirt.

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Lumpy trench coats

Once I had a freelance photography gig for a NYS Nurses Convention that Hillary Clinton was speaking at. She was running for the NY Senate seat. As you went through the zones and got closer to her, the SS agents got bigger and bigger. The agents I passed outside the anteroom where she was having the meet & greet with the local politicos favored long trench coats.

They were lumpy long trench coats.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  9. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Jeans or khakis with larger than needed, untucked, short sleeved shirt in summer & regular shirt with jacket for cover in winter. We do have those days that are too cool for short-sleeve & too warm for a jacket. That's when I carry my Bersa .380 CC because it does not print even with an untucked, close fitting, long sleeved shirt.

10. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I agree with this. I've noticed white or lighter colored tee's print a lot easier. I usually just wear jeans or shorts with a tee shirt or polo. I've never really had much of an issue. Our state does have a provision for printing or if the wind would blow your cover up.

11. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. pabyanghao

pabyanghao New Member

i wear white shirt and a ballistic vest just in case something bad might happen ;-) but a plain white shirt will do.

Pabyang

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  13. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Really would like to hear how the ladies carry. Not to interested in carrying in a purse. Carrying in the summer must be quite difficult, especially for women who dont want to wear a buch of oversized shirts.

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

14. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

For me there is only one CC holster both for men and women. You can wear it against your skin with a light shirt or blouse and no one will know your carrying. The most comfortable CCH I have ever worn. And the ladies say the same.

Check it out at DeepConceal.com.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

15. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

I'm a huge fan of Raven Concealment Holsters: Phantom. It's molded kydex but the design is modular where you simply change the belt loops and it converts from an OWB to an IWB with a few simple screws. The wait time is considerable but I have Phantoms for my carry and IDPA guns and I don't see myself using another type or brand after buying my first Phantom. Life time guarantee no matter when you bought it or where you bought it or how you damaged it. Raven Concealment Systems

As far as clothing, I kind of dress like a slouch anyway; t-shirts and carpenter pants you just have to make sure you have a good belt and a good holster and shirts long enough if you wear OWB which I do a great majority of the time.

16. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Dusty no offense intended mate but most CC people look like slobs and with that thought in mind, if you know where to look you can tell if a person is carrying.

The Main Reason I Love DeepConceal holsters is you can dress approximately as a gentleman or lady and still carry without looking like a slob. The whole idea of CC is not to give it away that you are carrying but rather to blend into the environment without broadcasting you are carrying.

Be a Lady and be a Gentleman in all cases but be it with Stealth.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

17. phburks

phburks New Member

"No offense intended" and yet you follow that statement with an offending one? I'd hesitate on calling "most" concealed carriers slobs. Finding the right combo of firearm and holster to fit with your personal style may take time, and there's no one solution for everyone.

Those holsters from deepconceal look useful in some circumstances, but not in all. I don't want to fumbling to get under my polo to reach a firearm concealed in a shoulder holster. That's why IWB works for me and I wear properly fittings clothes: jeans, Polo's, t-shirts, khakis, cargo shorts.

Just saying there isn't one solution for all people, and that's how your statements come across.

18. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

No offense taken at all. I agree 100% with not giving away that you ARE carrying but there are more ways to conceal that fact other than the clothes that you may be wearing.

Most people are oblivious to their surroundings, being completely engrossed in their smart phones or other electronic device; there are tells in the way you walk, fidget and carry yourself that will tell on you quicker than a poor choice in clothing. Don't act like you are hiding anything and most people will assume you aren't hiding anything. I'm a simple creature but that doesn't mean my clothes are cheap or thuggish. I wear bowling shirts and carpenter pants to church and long t-shirts when I'm out. I feel that if I can't get to my gun due to my clothing being in the way I shouldn't be carrying anyway. The 2 Second Rule, I believe it's called. You should be able to access your weapon in 2 seconds or less to give yourself even a chance at protecting yourself. It's not the end all and be all of rules but it's a good test to see how your carry style may fare in the real world.

The best part about this discussion is that we are all carrying to our own satisfaction which is far more important that what we wear or what side we keep our weapon. I know people that feel if you aren't carrying their way you are foolish but there is a life assessment that goes into making the daily carry decision and part of that is where you go and what you do plus how you dress. A good solid belt, made specifically for carrying a load like an Ares Gear Ranger Belt or some of the Gaclo Instructor belts plus a holster with good retention that holds it close to the body is a must. Plus, stop touching your gun in public or tugging at the tail of your shirt; don't walk stiff armed to protect your gun or dress inappropriately (overdress) to hide the weapon. Any good poker player knows a tell and so will people that are looking for somebody carrying.

19. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

If someone is looking for a person carrying they are one of those paranoid ppl who think everyone is carrying or they are carrying a gun themselves.

20. levelcross

levelcross New Member

At work, uniform pants, under shirt, cross breed style IWB, uniform square cut shirt. Out and about in the summer, shorts, sticky holster or cross breed style, tee shirt untucked. Winter out and about, jeans or slacks, OWB Blackhawk CQC if the jacket is going to stay on, IWB if it is going to come off, with shirt tucked in. Often the wife will ask me in the car if I have my best friend or she will hug/frisk me to check, so printing must not be an issue, not sure why she asks, the answer is always yes.