Concealed Carry Application Experience

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by PortlandTreeXD, Oct 10, 2011.

1. PortlandTreeXD

PortlandTreeXD New Member

Hey, does anyone else live in Oregon and/or Clackamas County and already have your permit. I applied for mine 31 days ago and haven't heard anything or received my permit. Does it always take so long. As far as I know there would be no reason for them to deny me. Anyone else's take 4+ weeks? The woman that processed my app told me it would be mailed to me in 2 weeks. But she did say it could take up to 45 days. Anyhow, any input on this would be appreciated. I'm tired of checking my mailbox every day thinking it just might be in there!

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I don't live there, but I'd say give it more time. Mine took a couple months to come.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes, just have patience my friend. Most shall issue states have quite a wait. MS claims the wait to be 4-8 weeks in some cases. Everyone I know with one has gotten lucky and had them in hand in about 3 weeks.

But just have patience.

4. PortlandTreeXD

Thanks for the input. I'll be patient. My only friend that carries in the same county as I do is one lucky SOB. The woman who processes the applications was sick the day he went in for his appointment. The sheriff that signs off on all the applications was filling in for her. He handed my buddy his permit on the spot! So I have no frame of referrence.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

In oklahoma the wait can be up to 3 months long, i know that some states its sooner. Patience isnt one of my virtues either, you will get it pretty soon.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You'll probably hate me.

I got mine in 15 minutes.

7. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Its weird cause here in ohio i have heard some counties do it right then and there and some take a month or so. My county is right in the middle most people get theirs in about 2 weeks mine was like 12 days

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

In my state you apply with the nearest Highway patrol place, mine was in Batesville. There's not many of them in this state that do it, but my point is that here you don't even go through the county.

9. machengative

machengative New Member

In and out in one trip for me including a handshake and pat on the back from the sherriff. (Colorado).

10. PortlandTreeXD

UPDATE: I got my permit today! 33 Days wait time.

11. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Great!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

12. gunnutdaddy

gunnutdaddy New Member

As far as I know (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, ccw is not something I enjoy being wrong on) but west Virginia has a two week wait time