Concealable single stack 9mm..

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Qdude, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Qdude

Qdude New Member

I am looking for a light compact (not a sub compact) 9mm. I really just want a quality single stack concealable 9mm that has some comfort in mind. Suggestions? Also, we can all list our favorites but I have discovered quite a few models are sold out, below are some of the ones I am considering if they weren't sold out or on mega back order..

-Kahr CW9 (could get ahold of one)
    -Sig 225 P6 (one in stock nearby but its pretty worn)
    -Sig p239 (?)
    -Kimber Solo (last made early 2012, can be hard to get)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

How about a Sig P938?

3. Qdude

Qdude New Member

I guess I should have been more specific, like to keep the cost under or around 600. That is a nice gun though, would prefer slightly larger, which I know sounds funny when it comes to compacts but I want to be able to grip it well. I do like the option of single or double action but in this instance would prefer an internal striker, but would take all suggestions or reasoning otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I like the S&W Shield, has a nice thin profile, it will probably be my ccw when I find one in stock. My buddy just picked one up for his wife. You can get them in 9 or 40

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a Kahr CM9. Great gun. Very concealable. Nice shooter too.

6. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I second the recommendation of the S&W Shield. I bought one the day they were released and it has proven itself worthy time and time again. I also have a Ruger LC9 with Galloway Trigger and extra power recoil spring. Also a very capable gun. I still think the old S&W 3rd gens are some of the best compact guns ever made. They are out of production but still readily available (3913, 3914, 908, etc.). Other striker fired options include the Walther PPS, Beretta Nano, Kahr CW9, etc. I am sure any of them would serve you well.

From your list I would select the Kahr CW9, even though I am not a fan of their triggers. The Sigs are pretty thick for a single stack gun (in comparison) and the Solo has a lot of mixed reviews. Might have the bugs worked out by now though.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

The cw9 is one of my kahrs. Good iwb pistol for sure.

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I am digging my Beretta Nano. It's .90" thick about 20 oz loaded, 6+1, very manageable recoil, relatively accurate and this far has proven 100% reliable...well it's a Beretta!
    I carry it in an Old Faithful IWB holster and its very comfortable. It's worth a look.

Attached Files:

9. thefarmboy21

thefarmboy21 New Member

How's the trigger on that? I'm going to look at one today hopefully. I'm torn between the CM9, CM40, Kimber SOLO and one of the small Glocks.

10. gfroniewski

gfroniewski New Member

The Kahr CW and CM are great for being on a budget. I held a CW9 today and I really like the feel. DAO is nice as well for CC.

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Ditto on the Kahr... I've EDC'd their smaller PM 9 for 5 years now and to me, it's the ideal EDC sized pistol.

A CW 9 should run several bills cheaper than the rest of your list and you'll need it for ammo these days.

I've also shot the Solo, side by side with my PM 9 and was not terribly impressed. The metal frame and smooth front strap make it a difficult gun to hold onto in recoil. If I carried one of these the first addition would be front strap checkering... which is not cheap.

Good luck,

Tack

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  12. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Slip a kel tec 9mm with clip kit installed between your belt and pants, it will lay so flat you can wear just a T shirt outside your pants and it will be concealed.

DSCN0631_resized.jpg

13. notoriousM3

notoriousM3 New Member

I like my Kahr PM9.

14. zeke4351

zeke4351 New Member

Take a look at the Sig P250. It comes in 3 sizes and all calibers and even has its own forum. I have a compact 9mm and a sub compact .40.

15. BB98338

BB98338 New Member

I was looking for the same thing two years ago. I tried to get a Kimber Solo but after being on a waiting list for almost a year I picked up a Kahr P9. The Kahr is very concealable and a good reliable shooter for me. The trigger pull is long but surprisingly I am as accurate with it as my 1911 with a crisp trigger break.

16. Qdude

Qdude New Member

Thank you for all the feedback, checking out a CW9 in a few weeks and possibly a sig, will let you all know what I choose, may find something else suggested here a better fit, thanks again!

17. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Is the P250 a single stack?

18. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I also own a kahr cw9. I would highly recommend it. I wear it all day without any issues. Very comfortable and it was affordable. I also would have to throw a plug for the shield. I think I am going to buy the .40 to have a second......or third CCW

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Kahr PM9 is what I carry. It might be a tad small, but an excellent gun.

20. Colby

Colby New Member

It's a shame you are only going for high priced guns. There are other excellent guns.