Concealable Revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by SgtStrafer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SgtStrafer

SgtStrafer New Member

What would be a good small concealable revolver to purchase?

2. sixgunner

sixgunner New Member

S&W J-frame say a model 60 snubbie or one of their airweight models if you prefer. They are 5 shot revolvers chambered in either .357 or .38 special. There are quite a few options as far as barrel length and sight style. Grips are also plentiful.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It all depends on how you plan to dress. I can conceal a 6" m-29. My personal favorite and smallest revolver I own is a Smith M-65 3". 6 shots of .357 magnum in a package that can control full power loads. Round butt and no adjustable sights to snag. I got the factory DAO hammer for it and now it is virtually snag proof. IWB hoster and shirt tails hanging out concealed with out a hitch. Throw a bianchi speed strip in the right front pocket and I have 12 rounds of the best one shot stopping handgun ammo at my disposal.

4. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

Got to agree with sixgunner on the S&W, but I like the mod 36 J frame loaded with Hydrashoks. Just like American Express, never leave home without it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

S&W makes quite a few small, hammerless revolvers.

6. chopkick

chopkick New Member

I have a S&W model 642 Lady Smith 5 shot .38 lightweight that is perfect for anytime carry. Hell, sometimes I shove it in my front pocket and go.

7. DuckA

DuckA New Member

The 637's and 642's are nice pistols. I try to carry my wife's 637, but I can't pry it out of her hands.

8. greenjeans

greenjeans New Member

Mine's a 642 with Hogue grips.

9. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

yeah, a s&w hammerless .38 airweight will be one of my next purchases. My brother has one, and it seems very reliable and easy to use.

10. headhunter

headhunter Member

I seem to be carryin' my 3" model 60 more than anything. Although it chronographs 100 fps slower than my other .357s, there is no difficulty keepin' it on a critical mass target at 45+ yds. It is truly a delight to carry!

11. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Smith 442 would be my choice.

[​IMG]

12. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

The S&W 442 airweight "hammerless" (dao) is the exact same revolver I got my wife and she LOVES it! The advantage of hammerless is there's NO hammer to get hung up in clothing so if absolutely needed,you can fire from inside pocket or purse without fear of it jamming up-all you would have to worry about is catching the material on fire. The only change I made was to install a wolf spring kit-EXCELLENT 20$ investment!!! With only changes being spring kit,it actually lowered pull weight by 1/2-measured on pull weight gauge. I'm thinking about getting her a set of crimson trace lasergrips. If you do opt for 1 of these excellent S&W J framed guns,and think you'll ever want the lasergrips-buy it that way so you'll save roughly 100$ over buying revolver and grips seperate. Sidenote-I have PLENTY of firearms for her to choose from/fire/try out and she chose that 1.

13. maxwell

maxwell New Member

Gun: 649 S&W Ammo: Winchester .357 mag. 110 GR JHP

Its in the truck everywhere I go.

14. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Yes sir, that's a fine conceal revolver!

15. Fayettedave

Fayettedave New Member

This should do it for you REAL NICE! :D:D:D

[​IMG]

16. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

On rare occasion, I carry my 629 Classic.

Attached Files:

17. stetson

stetson New Member

Ruger security-six 357 or charter house 44spl.

18. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

If you can afford it, get a S&W M&P 340. If you can't, go with a S&W 642.

19. stetson

stetson New Member

My wife has a lady smith in 38spl.Nice revolver, we paid $300 for it 7 years ago.I go with the kiss principle when the wife has a firearm in her hands especially in a stressful situation.I make sure we keep it simple stupid so
    there's no room for error and I don't lose my honey because of equipment failure.

20. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

A S&W J-frame, loaded with proper ammo, and you can carry it with confidence. Mine is a 642 Airweight, and at times I have to double check to make sure it's still in my front pants pocket in its DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Very comfortable carry.

There is a wide selection of good .38 spl. ammo on the market. I like Speer's Gold Dot. Short Barrel rounds, specifically designed for short barrels, to perform as if fired from a longer barrel revolver. Good penetration & expansion.

[​IMG]