Complete 20 inch Upper Reciever

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Squawk, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I am looking for Complete 20 inch upper in 5.56. I want something with a gas block and preferably flattop with integrated free float handguard.

Any advice where to look or what brand may suite my need?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

What is your goal??

they all come with some sort of gas block.

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Long range target shooting. Low profile gas block that is covered by handguard. 20 or 24 inch barrel.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Fill him in Jon that right up your alley ;) and you know what works for tack driving in that barrel length

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Only accessories that will be added are a scope (M223 4-16x44 BDC 600) and a bipod (which I have not picked out)

Any advice on a bipod?

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Harris thats capable of tilting , :D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

best bang for the buck accuracy wise is the rra varmint uppers. they are stainless 1/8 twist air gaged cryoed wilson barrels with either flat top or eop rails. for your scope a flat top is sufficient.

i own one of their national match uppers same barrel and i routinely shoot .5 moa to just under 1 moa up to 300 yards (max at the range i shoot at) with open sights.

the rra uppers are hard to beat for accuracy in a complete out of the box upper

8. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Thanks so much John. That looks like it will fit my ticket. It's a little more than I wanna spend but has everything I need on it out of the box to mount a scope and bipod.