Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For conceal purposes, considering either. Would like some opinions on which they prefer. Leaning towards the smaller 26. Going 9mm mainly due to a good supply of 9mm ammo, for a full-size S&W 9mm I already have.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Try them both. Personally I like the 19 for a carry gun. All you gain with the 26
is a little less height and length, they are the same thickness.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
FWIW, the 19 is, in my humble opinion, the most versatile and best Glock ever made.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Between the two, my choice would be the model 19.

Good luck in whatever choice you pick, though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Model 19 gets the nod because of the somewhat larger grip making
it far more controlable W/ not much difference in conceability---in fact,it balances better than the 26,using belt carry, due to the slightly longer length
anchoring the pistol better against your body ! More PDs issue the 19 for all
around use.......................:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the 26 and I find it too small and it's only good for carry.I just as soon as carry mu G-17 for ccw as I find it quite easy to conceal most of the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All good suggestions here - thanks. Now I've got someone (offline) trying to talk me out of 9mm and up to at least .40. Can I compensate with better ammo (higher grain)? Have a bunch of 115gr Winchester hollow-pt. Guy's telling me to to at least get near 140gr. True? Again, we're talking HD here, as well as CCW.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 26 and find it pretty easy to shoot well and it is very easy to carry IWB. I have pretty big hands and use the 12 round mag's for general use and switch to the 10 round mag for CCW. I do not have a 19 but I am sure it is a fine pistol (as Glocks go). I also have a 34 that runs well.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
If it must be 9mikemike, It has to be Browning HP, there is no substute!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All good suggestions here - thanks. Now I've got someone (offline) trying to talk me out of 9mm and up to at least .40. Can I compensate with better ammo (higher grain)? Have a bunch of 115gr Winchester hollow-pt. Guy's telling me to to at least get near 140gr. True? Again, we're talking HD here, as well as CCW.
The bigger caliber you go, the more stopping power you will have. From everything I have read, the one shot stop percentages are not that much different between the .45acp and the 9mm or anything in between. I say you should carry whatever you are comfortable with. If you can consistantly shoot a 9mm better than you can shoot a .40, you should carry a 9mm. I would rather hit someone 10 out of 10 times with a 9mm than 2 of 10 from a .40s&w

1 - 17 of 17 Posts