Compact 9mm G19 or G26?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by eapking, Jan 7, 2009.

1. eapking

eapking New Member

For conceal purposes, considering either. Would like some opinions on which they prefer. Leaning towards the smaller 26. Going 9mm mainly due to a good supply of 9mm ammo, for a full-size S&W 9mm I already have.

Thanks.

2. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Try them both. Personally I like the 19 for a carry gun. All you gain with the 26
    is a little less height and length, they are the same thickness.

3. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

+1 I agree with BillM:D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

FWIW, the 19 is, in my humble opinion, the most versatile and best Glock ever made.

5. eapking

eapking New Member

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Glock 18 is the only one that I'd ever buy.

7. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Damn you Matt!! I went to look up the 'Glock 18'!!

8. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Between the two, my choice would be the model 19.

Good luck in whatever choice you pick, though.

9. squib

squib New Member

Model 19 gets the nod because of the somewhat larger grip making
    it far more controlable W/ not much difference in conceability---in fact,it balances better than the 26,using belt carry, due to the slightly longer length
    anchoring the pistol better against your body ! More PDs issue the 19 for all
    around use.......................:D

10. stetson

stetson New Member

I have the 26 and I find it too small and it's only good for carry.I just as soon as carry mu G-17 for ccw as I find it quite easy to conceal most of the time.

11. eapking

eapking New Member

All good suggestions here - thanks. Now I've got someone (offline) trying to talk me out of 9mm and up to at least .40. Can I compensate with better ammo (higher grain)? Have a bunch of 115gr Winchester hollow-pt. Guy's telling me to to at least get near 140gr. True? Again, we're talking HD here, as well as CCW.

12. h8dirt

h8dirt New Member

I have a 26 and find it pretty easy to shoot well and it is very easy to carry IWB. I have pretty big hands and use the 12 round mag's for general use and switch to the 10 round mag for CCW. I do not have a 19 but I am sure it is a fine pistol (as Glocks go). I also have a 34 that runs well.

13. Arby238

Arby238 New Member

I like the 19. I have no trouble with CC. I like having 15 rounds.

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I'm going to say the same. +1

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If it must be 9mikemike, It has to be Browning HP, there is no substute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

The bigger caliber you go, the more stopping power you will have. From everything I have read, the one shot stop percentages are not that much different between the .45acp and the 9mm or anything in between. I say you should carry whatever you are comfortable with. If you can consistantly shoot a 9mm better than you can shoot a .40, you should carry a 9mm. I would rather hit someone 10 out of 10 times with a 9mm than 2 of 10 from a .40s&w

17. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

I have the G26 and with 15rd mags works great for me at the range and with the 10rder's for carry.