common sense win for wisconsin

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ive been holding off posting this until more facts were known.

Monday evening a wisconsin ccw permit holder stopped two shotgun armed young men out robbing people because they were just turning their lives around. He shot one the other ran off. The goblin that was shot was arrested trying to get his bullet holes fixed.

The interesting part is the Aldi store was a posted no guns please rob us establishment. The two unarmed security guards did nothing.

The most the good guy will face is a civil forfeiture of up to 1000$ for ignoring the sign. Its not even a misdemeanor offense. A traffic ticket has more consequences. Hopefully our pos da will wave charging him.

Link: http://www.wisn.com/news/30338153/detail.html

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Welcome to a very serious schizophrenic country!

3. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

That's too bad, as the only smart person at the store was the CCW holder. Having not 1, BUT 2 guards unharmed, just goes to show how foolish this store is in deterring robbers---serves them right. At least I hope the Aldi store helps out the Permit Holder in Court to get him off with the fine, and hires him to guard the place instead of Dumb & Dumber.
    Del

4. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

I always love hearing stories where a CCW holder stopped a serious crime. Good on.

Fortunately, here in MO, there is no penalty whatsoever for carrying in a posted establishment. The law allows owners to put the signs up, and it allows CCW holders to ignore them. Which makes the signs rather pointless.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Interesting. Keep us posted on the progress if this situation. I'd like to see where it goes.

6. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

The Aldi store near me removed the GFZ sign.

7. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

This is kind of related to that Michigan pharmacist, with a CCW license, who carried at work in violation of Walgreen's standing no gun policy. He drew that gun and used it during an armed robbery at the store. They fired him for it. He's not talking, since he's filed a law suit over it, but I'm sure he'd say that he'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative,

Like I said, it's not a crime in Missouri to carry on posted property, but even if it wasn't, I'd carry there anyway. Unless I'm stupid, no one will know I'm carrying unless I need to use it.

8. temwc20

temwc20 New Member

Do you have any knowledge of the Kansas posted property laws? I am a ccw Mo permit holder and live close to the Ks. border. Haven't been able to find anything on it.

9. phburks

phburks New Member

Found this link: http://ag.ks.gov/public-safety/concealedcarry/approved-signage

Check out the PDF file with the statutes linked to on the bottom of that site.

Looks like in Kansas its a misdemeanor to carry on property where proper signage is posted prohibiting concealed weapons.

10. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

From the graphic it looks to me as a no Beretta 92 sign. Guess I will carry my 1911 in that store.[​IMG] I think I will hang one of the signs on my door. I may sleep better at night.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0F6enwzEo[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  11. temwc20

temwc20 New Member

Thanks man!

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Update:

this is from tmj4 in milwaukee a liberal rag that seldom if ever gets a story right or even the facts correct. take it for what its worth...

Attached is criminal complaint of Edyon Hibbler and Dierre Cotton. You can read it under Related Documents.

here are the two goblins just out getting their lives turned around...

this is the only one that was in the store pointing a shotgun at people.

[​IMG]

this is the getaway driver

[​IMG]

13. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

Looks like two upstanding young citizens!:(

14. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Thank you for posting this Jon, I hadn't read about this one until now.

15. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Unarmed security guards. An oxymoron if I ever heard one. Like Congressional Intelligence Committee.

16. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

Do you honestly think most guards like being unarmed. I know I don't, what are we supposed to protect when we can't even protect ourselves.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

Comments about the security guard are directed at aldi's policies not personally at the guard himself. We understand its the pro-crime attitude of aldi's for the guard being unarmed.

18. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The aldi store in my area doesnt have a no firearm policy.

19. Polygon

Polygon New Member

It's really bitter sweet. I just hope that the DA has some sense and drops the charges. I also hope the store owner grows a brain and takes that idiotic sign down.

If I were a store owner it would have a sign out front stating that CCW holders are welcome and invited to come it. Give something for criminals to think about before they come in.

Same here, with the exception of state a federal government buildings. I'm 99.9% sure I lost a job because someone spotted it. It was a terrible company anyways and now I'm working for a much better employer that's gun friendly. And like you said, I'd rather be unemployed than the alternative. The choice between anything and your life is a simple one.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The whole darned state I live in has a "no firearm" policy. :(