Comments for Disney carry

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by canebrake, Mar 1, 2012.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Comments from Going to Disney World? Going to carry?

Please read above before you comment. ^

PM me with any additions or corrections. - cane

PLEASE, remember when responding to this thread, regardless of your position on the subject, that what you post is in the public domain and can/will be read by all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. orangello

orangello New Member

If you wore a character costume (sayyy Goofy), you could carry whatever you wanted, but it might be hard to work the safety on a 1911 with only four digits per hand.
    ;)

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Answer to question 1 = No

Answer to question 2 = N/A :D

Had enough Disney 20 years ago.

4. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

It's been my experience you don't take anything to Six Flags, a water park, a carnival or Mickey Mouse's house you don't want to lose or damage. But your accomodations in my opinion is your safe castle.

5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

A better question would be: Why would we as gun owners, hunters and supporters of 2A want to give disney any of our hard earned dollars?

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I carried in the parks on our visit earlier this year. As I walked through the front gates and around the park, I was very conscious of just how soft a target Disney is. In this day and age, I believe Disney has a very large bullseye painted on it. In such an environment, I am going to carry unless their is legal authority that says I cannot.

7. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I don't think I want someone named goofy holding a gun, even if he is just a character.

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Great informative post Cane. Thanks.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

You haven't met my five year old..lol

10. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I have carried a firearm many times on Disney trips, but never in the theme parks. That does not mean to say that I am without a means to defend myself in the parks, but they are strictly defensive weapons as outlined under Florida statute. As far as the firearms go, I will carry in the car, and I will have a firearm in my room at night. I also carry if I decide to go outside my room for a late night smoke. Other than that, the firearm is disabled and locked in the room safe.

I take my right to defend myself seriously, but I also recognize Disney's right to form what they think is a policy designed to protect their visitors. I do my best to reach a compromise position, and if I am ever discovered I will comply with their wishes to the best of my ability. I also take a firearm I won't cry over if I end up losing it. Think cheap and readily available, usually a Ruger LCP.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would not carry in a theme park simply because I would not want to see my expensive firearm flying through the air as I rode a roller coaster or other ride. I could also see a reasonable concern for an accidental discarge in such a case.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

True enough, but do you really think they will let someone as......"seasoned" as Cane on anything more jostling than the teacups?
    :p

13. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I can't go on rides so I'm not worried about losing my firearm.

14. vincent

vincent New Member

Concealed means concealed...:cool:

15. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I know a guy that lives close to Disney and goes to the movie theater at the Disney Marketplace somewhat often and always carries there.

Have you ever tried explaining to a young kid that you won't take them to Disney because they don't support your 2A rights?

-Fred

16. Longrange

Longrange New Member

My wife's cousin is married to a Disney executive. We go there every year in December and check out the Christmas lights and stuff. Due to her position with Disney, I do not carry in the parks but I do carry while slchepping around the resort or out eating. During the day when we go to the parks I just lock it up in the room safe.

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Fresh off the trip to Disney, I decided to leave it in the truck. I should have brought it though cause Disney robbed me of over 100 bucks on food! Man that place went up!

18. dewey

dewey New Member

I HAD to go to Disney. I have 2 girls aged 5 and 8. I carried to the hotel room and carried at the Market place. Otherwise, it was pretty warm, and was wearing shorts with no belt. Did not carry in the park. Security checked all bags when entering. It did not feel intrusive to me.
    Like Ricky said, wouldnt it suck to lose your side arm on a roller coaster?

19. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

When I went in December I just left mine in the truck as well, wasn't worth the risk. And hell yes the prices went up lol, my fiancee and I went there with two old park hopper passes and easily blew through decent cash on food and drink for two people. It was a good time though, I was content as possible and my fiancee had a blast, so I guess it's a win/win.

Semper Fi

20. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

What's the Problem!

I live here in South Florida and I carry everywhere except the places I can't access because there is a Metal Detector that one must pass through. I don't really care what these companies rules are and unless they are State Rules and they have a Metal Detector at the entrance, then I carry my gun for self protection at all times, period!:mad: