Command Arms M44 Quad Rail HG (ALUM)

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Culpepper, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Greetings to everyone here, I purchased this for my New Bushy M-4, it installed with No problem, No movement, went to the huntin club range to zero in my eotech...ran about 2 hundred rounds through her...now the HG is loose as a goose..anyone have a clue what happened...Thanks!

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

How does it fasten? Did you use some sort of loc-tite?

3. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

No loc-tite, they install like the stock HG (Delta Rings).....

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Ive seen this somewhere else but cant remember the verdict. It was on another forum. Try a Google search.

5. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Well did not find anything, will keep searching, guess you get what you pay for, thanks for the reply's....

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I went back and searched the site I thought I had read it on and couldnt find it again. Id contact the Cammand Arms and ask them what they suggest.

7. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

I sent them an e-mail a couple of days ago, haven't heard anything back, guess I will send them another and another and another until I get a response...course I may Never get one...I was thinking about another brand, but now I am gun-shy about that...they are not cheap...wonder if loc-tite would be the way to go?

8. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Loctite won't do you any good if they are a 2 piece set up. Just take it down to a local shop and ask if they know what the problem is. DON'T drop it off unless you know the guy. If they're decent they'll help you out.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

You shouldnt have to spen a fortune to get a quality product.

10. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Well, money is real tight right now, I have searched all the reviews I could find, and there was only one that said there was slight play, the rest said it was tight...no play...course slight play is Not acceptable...do you have any suggestions for another quad HG drop-in...

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

12. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Here is something else I found, I noticed more movement than just the HG, so I separated upper and lower, the delta ring moves at least 1/4" side to side and the bolt carrier moves with it, what in the world is going on here?

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If you hold the upper reciever firmly does the barrel move? I wonder if the barrel nut isnt tight.

14. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Got to go to work, I'll check when I get in this afternoon, just to mention my Bushy is New, only got a little over 2 hundred rounds through Her, not even broke in yet, if this is the case, it must have come from the factory like that?

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It happens.

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sure sounds like a loose barrel nut. Hopefully your dealer can take care of it, it's not that hard to fix. You'd hate to have to send it in to Bushmaster. In fact I'd do anything, including paying a gunsmith, to avoid sending it to BM right now, it may take an eternity to get it back with the closing the Lake Havasu factory earlier this year and now the Maine plant. :eek: Who knows how long it'll take them to move... wherever they're moving...

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Good point. It probably wouldnt cost much to have a smith torque it down. Should would be better than waiting for however long it might take BM to fix it.

18. Culpepper

Culpepper New Member

Update, talked to Brownells Gunsmith, he said the play was normal, something with the gas tube, the barrel is TIGHT, TIGHT...No Movement, as far as the forend, noticed the upper part is tight, the lower is loose, he recommended a small piece of electrical tape on top and bottom of the loose forend, what yall think?

19. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

That sounds like it'll work. It's just a wedge. Do you have anything mounted on the HG?

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Awesome. Im glad it isnt anything serious.