Comfort zone ?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by dango, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

How many rnds. does everybody need to carry to feel comfortable with?

2. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

5 rounds minimum!

play the victim, be the victim

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Depends on what you are doing. Hunting 5 is a good number. I carry 2 spar mags with my .380 every ware I go. As far as a shtf situation any extra space I have or wait I can carry is going to be used for ammo.

4. chazzy

chazzy New Member

I carry one 13 rd mag in my gun and have two extra 16 rd mags when I carry my xd9 sub....I'm feeling pretty comfy I'd say

5. md1911

md1911 New Member

I carry 1 extra mag all the time on the holster. I have 2 extra on my belt for hunting. I keep 2 in my glovebox

6. levelcross

levelcross New Member

1 spare mag at a minimum, usually 2-3 or 2 speed loaders for the wheel gun. Always a BUG.

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't carry a spare mag. In the case of a mag malfunction I believe I'll be better off by having a back-up pistol. Deciding what pistol & where/how to carry it is what I'm working on now.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Whatever the gun holds. I would never go below the five rounds in my J-frame. I know a guy that carries a two shot derringer. Not for me.

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

More for I'm out got to reload than a mag malfunction. But when carrying 2 pistols I find it easy to put the smaller one on my ankle. And the other under my arm or the small of the back or even in the front. There is a company that makes inside the waist clips for a number of revolvers, glocks ..... No holster just attach it to your gun and put it inside your waist band. More low profile than an in waist holster and more comfortable to unless it is going to be on ur hip.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Just normal carry = one full mag + one in the pipe

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

many as i can carry. however if your referring to capacity 7+1 is my minimum. i wont carry a handgun for ccw that goes below that. its why im disapointed with the springfield xds 5+1 just doesnt do it. might as well carry a 357magnum revolver

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

As of right now the only weapon that i carry is my Gp100, so i guess six rounds is my minimum. But right now its open carry only because im waiting for my Cpl in the mail.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It depends. For most times, I get by with 7 +1.

Going into unknown areas, 7 +1 and two extra mags.

Going to known bad areas, I just don't go there. They offer nothing that is that important to me.

14. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

Both of my parents were cops in chicago. My mom always has her 5943 s&w 9mm with a full mag. I think its 15+1. My dad always carried his s&w snub and had 2 speedloaders.

Once I get my concealed carry I'll have my 1911 with one mag. Maybe two. I only carry while im in the woods and I keep and extra mag. Got a lot of wolves here and some bears that have charged before during hunting season.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The correct answer is one full mag after the gunfight is over. ;)

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't that mean you're dead & never got a shot off :confused:

17. JimGamblain2

JimGamblain2 New Member

Honestly officer I never fired a shot and I don't know how he got 15 holes in his forehead? ;)

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

(Because he had a full mag in his gun & tossed the MT mag) :rolleyes:

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

more than the bad guy ;)

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Seriously?