Come to Idaho- And shoot Wolves

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Flat Tire, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

From reading the article,only 11 were actually killed by the 2 wolves.
    Sounds like the sheep rancher needs to get some good dogs to protect his herd.

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Wolves will toy with your dogs before they kill them. Any dogs.

Good luck with keeping wolves under control, Flat Tire. I'm sorry to say they are probably Alberta transplants. Your granola warriors got our granola warriors to trap some and ship them south. They were released in MT and Yellowstone, I know...maybe ID too?

I've hunted all my life and shots lots of game. I am an accomplished hunter. I've also seen many wolves and only shot one. That one was focussed on taking down a cow elk and took an extra second to realize what I was. Fatal mistake. The others I've seen have almost always taken one quick look my way and spun into the bush. Very smart critters. And very deadly on all other animals...except grown bears.

An average pack of wolves will take 2 elk per week.

4. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Starting today and for the next six months it is "WOLF SEASON"

5. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Good luck. Be sure to post a pic if you get one (or more) in your crosshairs, k?

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Didn't we have a thread with almost this exact same title?

Hey man, good luck in your hunting. Just gonna throw this out there, I'd personally love to have a wolf pelt.

7. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Maybe, I will post this every year, "you people" need to see how destructive this dog is. I would like the full mount.
    I like saying "you people"-

8. bigred61

bigred61 New Member

As a fellow Idahoan I was actually pretty disturbed when I read this story. The part of Idaho I am in is right next to Yellowstone. I was in the Bear Gulch area at the beginning of the summer and actually saw fresh(1 to 2 days) wolf tracks. They are definitely heading south west and I do not think it will be for the better. The more that get taken down the better. Shoot even driving home today I saw multiple billboards all with in a few miles of each other, some saying "kill the wolves", others saying "save the wolves" it is a fubar situation that is for sure.

Ashton

9. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

On the assumption this is going to be new for most of you, here's my .02...

Use a bait if you can; that can work if you keep absolutely still and quiet. A dead horse is good. Calling works, too (Fox Pro). No need to wait a long time when you call. If they are near, they'll be where you are within 20-30 min. Call and move. Call and move. Try to keep a river or cliff or clear ground behind you; they'll try to come in upwind. Mornings seem better. It's a tough animal to hunt. If you are a crack shot and can shoot quick, the odds get a little better.

Good luck.

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Idaho passed a bill a while back that allows "road kill" can be collected and used for human consumption and baiting wolves. I should post a picture of the new front bumper on my truck.

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Real stinky probly won't work as good as fresh.....just sayin.... The ravens and magpies seem to help draw them in.

12. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Thats what they are eating... just sayin....run it over on the way to work.... pick it up on the way home.

13. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Kill every last one of them. The anti's put them there knowing that game populations would suffer thus doing away with hunting. There is a reason we killed them off years ago. They need to be totally eliminated in the lower 48. If you fell different you are one ignorant person and need to wake up.