Combat Shotguns

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by texaswoodworker, Jul 6, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Where the hell are all the combat shotguns? No, I am not talking about a tacticool HD shotgun. I mean the old blued steel and wood pump shotguns (AKA trench guns) that usually came with a heat shield, and possibly a bayonet. I see a TON of rifles and pistols that were used in combat, but only a few shotguns. Why is that?

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Because most of them came back over here and hot stripped of their "combat" gear like the shield and bayonet lugs.

3. texaswoodworker

That sucks. :(

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

My M12 is still in full Military Dress.................

5. texaswoodworker

Pics!!!! :D

There just something about old combat shotguns that I like. I think it may be because they were simple, effective, and deadly.

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Also, there weren't that many of them to begin with. They weren't "general issue" weapons. So compared to the number of rifles and pistols there were considerably fewer shotguns out there.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Ok..............

Attached Files:

8. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

303 TOM, where do you live and when are you going on vaction:D. Nice untinkered with piece of US history. I have a Stevens 530, but alas the handguard has been removed and lost. When an original handguard comes up for sale, its selling price is often twice as much as I paid for the gun. So many of these guns were sold or given to police department after the war and their handguards discarded.