Comb build quick fix

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by DustyDoll, Aug 12, 2012.

1. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

Taint exactly smithing, but didn't know where else to put this. I needed to raise the comb on my CZ and could not find a Beartooth or other kit locally. Did however, find a roll of 3" black, stretchy, stick-to-itself ace bandage in the drug store. (Wanted purple or pink, but they didn't have it. ;)) That and a couple of pieces of 3/8" anti-fatigue mat swiped from my shop and the problem was solved. It works so well that I may not even look for a kit. If this has been posted before anywhere, my apologies.

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Actually looks pretty good.

3. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Should of posted this in the competition forum. I bet the benchrest shooters would love the Vet Wrap idea. Wonder how good is slides on the rear bag?

Badshot

4. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

It is OK on smooth leather. Don't know how it would be on suede or cloth, but that could probably be fixed by putting a strip of something covering the bottom third. Looks jack leg but for me it's working until I can do something better and it lets me fool around with it until I find the exact height I need before doing something more permanent. Certainly has improved my shooting.