Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Probably the safety. I know on Kimbers, the 1st generation and second generation are only separated by an additional safety, that will allow the hammer to drop only if the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you talking about the "E" at the end of a Colt's serial number?

If so, this is my meager experiance:

I own a Colt Combat Elite, "Enhanced" model, that I purchased in 1994.
It is basically a poor man's Gold Cup. It has the target sights, better parts, better fit, nice factory trigger, etc. It reminds me of my friend's "pin" gun.

I have seen other Combat Elites and they looked more like the 1991A1 with a blued slide over a stainless frame. The parts weren't as nice and the fit was so-so. I spent $1000 for it and it shoots better than I can.

I hope that helped some.

·
Banned
107 Posts
The Enhanced Models were introduced during the 90s, which featured lowered and flared ejection ports, beveled mag wells, relief cut under the trigger guard, and Colt's version of a beaver tail grip safety. These were series 80 pistols with the incorporated passive firing pin safeties.​

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a goverment model enhanced.Ibought it in 1994,it has the features that DoubleaAction said.I love this gun ,is very nice to shoot with it.Im found that is very reliable and sometimes I crry it for my defense.

·
Administrator
26,355 Posts
Humberto- you are answering a thread from 2007.

You must now send the thread a birthday card. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts