Colt vs bushmaster

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by zack02, Mar 30, 2013.

1. zack02

zack02 New Member

Colt le6920 or bushmaster ar15?? What's better and why??

2. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

I don't know which is better but Colt has big pins for the hammer and trigger and some other parts that don't interchange. Don't know if they are all the same but my buddy has one and I have his reversible safety in my Bushy, also have his mil-spec tube that only has 4 positions, there is a gap close to the receiver with no notch, we can't figure why.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The Colt 6920 is better by far. I'll let you do your own research to find out why.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You're talking about an older Colt, not a current 6920.

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Colt...

Or you could go with Smith&Wesson, and get Colt quality with the Bushmaster price. Just my $0.02

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Colt is as close to milspec as you can get in a civvy gun bushmaster is a low end copy. Its like a knock off. Same as when someone takes the bmw emblems and puts em on a toyota and claims its a bmw....

7. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Colt! There is a reason they sent me to combat with a Colt and not a Bushmaster! And it's not because of price we all know that!

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I agree 100%. However a few new colt I have seen on the shelves look like blems . I think this is due to trying to crank stuff out so fast now a days . They arent all like that just a few that I saw . That stuff doesnt bother me since I use mine and they arent safe queens . They get their own birth marks after the first couple times out . If i was going to buy a box factory made gun at the lowest price I would buy a BCM,

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The last govt issued m4 and m16s I just saw had FN and a General Motors receiver. Colt is not the be-all,end-all. But I would still go with the Colt over the Bushy.

10. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

How about the 6940?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Raeuber

Raeuber New Member

The 6940 is an awesome gun. I traded my Bushmaster for a Colt 6940 and the Colt is definitely way superior to the Bushmaster. IMO

12. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

According to M4Carbine.net, the Colt is superior.

According to ARFcom, the Shrubmaster is just as good.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Colt LE6940 and a Bushmaster. (And two old Colt SP1s)

Get a Colt.

14. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I agree, Colt is not the end all be all, but it does set a bar that a Bushy won't reach. I personally will put up my own built rifles against Colt any day.

15. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I would do just about anything for a GM lower

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i own an older Bushmaster and it's damn good rifle and has never yet had any problems, but if making a choice, i too would choose the Colt over the Bushmaster.

the older Bushmasters are good rifles, but the Colt is a better rifle. you will never regret choosing a Colt, any Colt!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  17. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Usually that is because the receiver has been replaced. I have seen FN, General Motors, Singer (yeah, the sewing machine company) and others. Most of the time when you see this, the shades between the upper and lower are significantly different. I don't think the gubmint has had but a couple of mfr's for the whole gun.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

I eant to add the only colt ar i have is a sp1. My choice is bcm. Worth the effort of checking their site frequently for an upper and lower or complete gun.

19. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I am starting to get on the fence about either Bushmaster or Colt because neither have weighed in on the issues regarding the proposed AWB or registration laws. Several mfrs are already boycotting the states that have enacted more gun and ammo restrictions in the wake of Sandy Hook, but Bushy and Colt have been noticably silent. Come to think of it, Colt quit putting the bayonnette lug on their AR's after the last AWB, and from what I have seen, they didn't bring them back. Not that I have any use for it, but it feels like a slap in the face.

20. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Neither go with BCM, LMT, or DD for a top notch factory built rifle they are usually not any more expensive then a colt and I see them more often on shelves in my area then colts