Colt python

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by atic45, Dec 19, 2011.

1. atic45

atic45 New Member

Should I buy a colt python?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The python is as smooth as butter,if i had the money and had the chance to buy one i would get it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

you mean the semi-auto version:confused:

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

If I was going to buy a Python, I would post it in the revolver section instead of semi-auto's. If you are an avid shooter you will be impressed by the Python each time you shoot it. If you are a beginner or someone who does not shoot much you would do fine with a much cheaper revolver, like a Trooper or a S&W model 19.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Screw the fact that it was posted in the wrong section.

Answer to your question: YES

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

ill second that!!

the python is the best revolver out there. true works of art

7. mcb

mcb New Member

Buy it! My dad's python was the first revolver I ever shot and still my favorite.

8. atic45

atic45 New Member

There is no semi auto version that I'm aware of.

9. atic45

atic45 New Member

This python needs a load of work done to it the guy thy has it his great grand father bought it new never shot it n kept it in a barn that's we're it sate for a long time. And for what I know it's never been shot to this day so I may have my hands on a rare one....but the price is wayyyyy outa my range...

10. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

If it's been laid up in a track room drawer getting all rusty and dusty, and it's still waaaay out of your range, then tell the seller to screw off and go buy a good one for les that 1k.

Even the most awesome gun, if allowed to become worthless junk, is worthless junk.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Good gosh, why would you just throw a colt python in a barn and let it go to $h!t??

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Sounds a lot like that awesome muscle car that was only driven to church on sundays by a little old lady who never went over 30 mph. In fact, maybe this Python was in the trunk.
    "No seriously, a bit of spit & polish, it'll be good as new" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I have no problem with honest wear on a gun. Neglect is another issue entirely.
    Look elsewhere.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Narg, I'm a little disappointed.

You had me going there.

Ah, well.:(

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Now you have to admit that a semi auto 1911 colt Python would be badass!!

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I can't even imagine what the heck that would look like, but I'm having fun trying!

17. atic45

atic45 New Member

Of it hasn't been fired like that guy says the. It ups the price. From what I can tell its fix able but the only reason why it's out my range is that I got laid off and had to buy gifts for my kids the gun is only 1500 not bad I can new the guy down or trade him a browning shot gun it's worth the resteration cost. I'll post a pic next time I talk to the guy. And y'all can give me a opinion on it.

18. atic45

atic45 New Member

Hell yeah it would be but it wouldn't be the same l at all.

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  20. MrWray

MrWray New Member

IMO,that guy is way outta line for wanting 1500 for the gun.now if its been in a locked and sealed compartment or a safe and hasnt been exposed to the elements "i can see it" but if its just been laying in a dusty drawer with dirt dobbers in it i wouldnt even pay half that ,even if it hasnt been fired