Colt Python

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by JonM, Jan 6, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

here is my beloved colt python its got the colt rubber grips which are super comfy making it really easy to shoot. its the only revolver that has stayed in my collection. too bad they arent still being made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry i suck at taking pics

2. freefall

freefall New Member

I need another .357 like another hole in the head, but I have always lusted after a Python.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice snake. ;)

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Now I have to clean the keyboard of all the drool! :D

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Chub......nuff said

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I regret letting mine go more than just about any other gun I've traded away foolishly. :eek: Very nice.

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I really don't like Colt's cylinder release but I've learned to look past it on a few models and this is one of them. Very nice.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive read that a lot about folks not liking that, but the only other revolvers ive had are 2 rugers. asingle 6 with the trapdoor latch in 22lr/22wmr and a blackhawk in 45lc. i spent a lot of rounds shooting my brothers gp100 the python was my first wheelgun. its always felt natural to me but im not a revolver guy. i bought the python because of the action and its a colt it was soooooo smooth it followed me home and stayed.

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Outside of my dad's single six when I was younger I cut my revolver teeth on S&Ws. When I got an SP101 the push in rather then forward wasn't much of an adjustment but pulling back just seems weird to me.

Can we expect a range report?

10. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Amen brother. :(

11. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice hogleg right there. A sad day when LEOs dropped the big cannons for 9s.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes we can.

im taking the python, new agent, series 70, bersa thunder plus 380, and sig mosquito to the range this afternoon. in fact im logging now that cannon is over on tv and getting my gear ready then having lunch in milwaukee and hitting the range.

13. roachsquasher

roachsquasher New Member

Nice gun. There is room for all Gods creatures...next to the mashed potatos.

14. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

Congrats! It truly is an excellent firearm. I love mine very much.:D:D

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

i just wish i was a better shot with it. i really suck at shooting wheel guns

16. TGReaper

TGReaper New Member

[​IMG]

My wife bought me this python new in 1967 if I can take it with me when I leave this mortal coil I certainly will.

Dan

17. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Mine is older than I am. My Dad bought it because they were out of the S&W that he wanted, so he had to "settle" for the Python (settle, I still find that amusing). It is a 1965 build that originally came fitted with a 6" barrel. Original purchase price was $125 w/ LEO discount. At some point in the mid to late 80s it was fitted with a 8" Silhouette barrel (I have the 6" if reqd). I still shoot it regularly. It is a permanant member of the family, & will be my son's when the time comes. It's 45 now, I will send it to Colt for a going through and reblueing for it's 50th. Every enthusiast should at least shoot one.

Attached Files:

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

those are some pretty snakes!!