Colt New Agent

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by EOD, May 14, 2012.

1. EOD

EOD New Member

Just picked up a new agent, got it home to clean it up a bit get more of a feel for it and did the unthinkable added the infamous idiot scratch:mad:. its not real deep or long but my concern is using the blue touch up on it with the carbon steel slide. any ideas?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

No idea but damn that sucks. Got pics?

3. Staestc

Staestc New Member

Damn, sorry. I love that gun. My wife wants it too! Let us know how you fix it.

4. EOD

EOD New Member

It's a bit hard to see with a camera.
    ForumRunner_20120514_144425.jpg

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Doesn't look to bad though. Hope you get her smoothed out

6. losack

losack New Member

Are you going to carry it and shoot it? Battle scars are kind of one of those things you just expect. One of my shooting instructors says "Throw it on the ground, I've got another just like it in the truck!". Meaning nothing is a one in a million these days.

If you want a "Safe Princess" buy two of everything and shoot one and store one don't even clean or break down the princess. I knew a colt collector that had some that never had the cylinder turned on them except at the factory. What good is that?

It doesn't look that bad and most times you screw up more trying to fix minor damage than if it had a major flaw.

I say enjoy!!! I don't mean this in an offensive way or a way to demean your purchase. The first scratch on a gun or a car always makes me a little queasy too!

7. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

well then when you show it to someone just have them look trough the camera lol

8. EOD

EOD New Member

I think your probably right, It was bought to be my carry too so...

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It won't be the last if it's to be your EDC.

Be happy you got this obligatory faux pas behind you. [​IMG]

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I'd just blame it on the previous owner. :)