Colt Navy London

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by teedub, Jul 26, 2009.

1. teedub

teedub New Member

Hello, all. My dad has got a few questions about his Colt Navy London revolver, so I'm trying to help him out with your guys' support.

It's in good to great condition with matching serial numbers on all parts, #41894. On the cylinder is an etching of naval ships and stamped on the gun are the words "Address Col. Colt London," along with the letters "V.P."

My dad's curious as to how to find out more about this gun's history and what a revolver like this would fetch at retail.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks again.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I am unable to help you here, but I do know that if you posted pictures, it would be helpful.

3. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Post some good quality photos and I should be able to help you.

Jim..................

4. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

pics would be a great help and any other info such as barrel markings, caliber, etc.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

...and by the way, welcome here. :cool:

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Colt's London Armory was in existence from 1852-1857. Yours was made in 1856. It's hard to set a value without actually seeing the gun but best case scenario with a lot of original bluing and case colors showing could be as much as 8,000.00, maybe more with todays market. However be very wary as fakes and very well made ones do exist.

7. teedub

teedub New Member

Thanks very much. I realized as soon as I posted this thread that it'd probably be sooo much more informative if I posted some photos. :(

I don't have any photos at the moment, but I'll take some soon and post them as soon as I can.

Thanks!