Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Natfish, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Natfish

Natfish New Member

These seem really hard to come by...Anybody have experience with or own one...seems like colt only makes one a week.....

Thanks!

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

You can get a Sig P238 which is essentially the same gun. They will accept Mustang mags. And you get better sights on the Sig.

3. Natfish

Natfish New Member

Wow...you're right on....don't own a sig..but this might be my first...thanks!

4. Bladerunnerfury

Bladerunnerfury New Member

My uncle has one similar, I shot it. Its a decent gun, you only get about 300-400 shots before it starts to jam. Note I shot an older model, the Mk IV

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have a Mustang Plus II a very fine handgun. We use older Colt Mustangs in our Handgun Classes. These guns have had thousands of rounds shot thru them. We have never had FTF problems with them. :)

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Or a Sig P938 in better caliber and only 1/2" longer...

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The choice of calibers is a personal decision based on the needs of the gun owner. There are no wrong calibers or better calibers. The gun owner will decide the caliber that fits his needs. The market offers many calibers and types to fill these needs.:)

8. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Or get an Iver Johnson Pony. About the same thing. A friend just bought one used for $200. It works flawless and is quite accurate. Uses Colt Mustang magazines.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Couldn't disagree more, not when comes to 380 and 9mm. Thus my post.

10. austin92

austin92 New Member

What do you mean exactly?

11. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one and it is a great little pistol. It is unbelievably light and shoots really good. Its a Colt so you know its going to be a quality pistol. It did take a long time to get it but it was well worth the wait. Good luck.

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The I J Pony was a nice small handgun. The gun was born as the Star Mdl "DK" Star Fire. It then became the F.I. Mdl D. Colt bought these guns from F. I. and sold them as the Colt Pony.
    F.I. made these guns in Jacksonville, AR. as the I J Pony. They were a small .380 blow back semi auto. These gun was made from 1982 thru 1988. The Pony was history before the change in CCW laws too bad.:)

13. Natfish

Natfish New Member

I agree about caliber being a choice..my primary is a shield in 9mm and sometimes a Ruger LC9..was looking for a true pocket pistol with a nice trigger..the mustang caught my eye and I'm trying to find a sig p238 to hold...thanks for the suggestion...

Any other "True" pocket pistol suggestions in 9mm or lower? Kahr maybe....Thanks.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have seen too many Kahr.380 pistols with FTF problems. I had one that was returned 2 times to Kahr. The gun still failed to work. Our local gun shop will no longer stock the Kahr .380.:(