Colt LE6920

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Longrange, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I am new to the AR market and after looking at several brands I have decided on the Colt LE6920 as my first AR. Any experience with this model? I want to make sure I am getting a solid rifle before I sign papers today. Any input is appreciated.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

With the Colt, you're geting the very best. It's a fighing rifle, not a match/target piece, but for a SHTF/ home defense, etc weapon, it's the very best available.

3. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

+1 ^

echo !

EDUB

4. fetep

fetep New Member

Yep! Great choice!

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I've got the LE6940 and I wouldn't have any other.

You'll be happy with your '20.

[​IMG]

6. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Thanks for the input gang. I will be picking her up this week, as soon as my bonus check comes.

7. piggy8269

piggy8269 New Member

I just bought my Colt 6940!!!!!! Have to wait the ****ty 10 waiting period out here in California, but it is soo worth that wait!!!!!

8. basketcase

basketcase New Member

We all greatly respect our own opinions and those who share them. :D

FWIW I chose the exact same piece. The lower is basically what I was issued in the service. The upper is slightly different but when it's all said the weapon has proven engineering and a known performance record.

I'm slammed at work at the moment, so I'm just biding time now to get past some work assignments and other stuff that will let me take a day to go to the range.

:cool: