Colt Le 6920 magpul edition

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by OUDAN, May 19, 2013.

1. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

I found one online in so close to ordering. Any comments concerns or thoughts about this? I am new to the AR world but everything I find on this 6920 people love them. Any comments will help thanks in advance!

2. PathfinderAFW

PathfinderAFW New Member

Not going to claim expert status or anything but you're going to be well off with any "name brand" ar. That's not to say obscure names aren't good but in my opinion require closer inspection. Colt is a good name for a mid grade ar so I'd say you're good to go. Bit pricy though. Hope you enjoy your soon-to-be-new rifle! And welcome to the "AR Club"!

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Darn fine rifle with magpul. How can ya go wrong? I dont know how much ya they are going for.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

For $1200 this is a decent buy. For under $1400, it's worth considering if you really want a Colt.

This is a good $1100 rifle with $100 worth or furniture upgrade (assuming stock, hguard, grip, tguard).

Colt is fine. In my opinion, you can do better (BCM, DD) if the price is much north of $1200. But sometimes many of us find ourselves enamored with a specific brand...in which case it might be worth spending a little more to get what you really want. And that's just fine.

5. Bikertrash58

Bikertrash58 New Member

You mean like this ?

IMG_0060.jpg
    This is mine. I purchased for $1299.00, 3 days after the tragic shooting in Newtown. Basically right at the beginning of all the ridiculess s#&* that has transpired since.
    As Sweeper stated, It's a basic Colt LE 6920, its got a little over $100 worth of Magpul stuff. I got this one, as it was the last of a pallet load of AR's that arrived that day, at my local firearms emporium. Again, it was the beginning of all the craziness that started in mid Dec.
    I waded thru 50-60 other knuckleheads to get it, and felt damn lucky to get what I did.
    Yes, there are other makes out there that may or may not be better, BUT , I believe, having a rifle that is the same make and configuration, Made with the same materials, under the same quality control, and is built in the U.S.A. Is the same weapon that is used by our soldiers on the front lines, less full auto of course, is well worth the price of admission. If you get my meaning.
    As you can see I did add a Aimpoint PRO to it, and is in just the beginning stages of configuring the rifle to fit and suite ME.
    I dont think you or anyone can go wrong with a colt. IMHO
    BT:cool:

6. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Decision made and ordered!!! $1299 I feel lucky! Thanks for all the advice!

7. Bikertrash58

Bikertrash58 New Member

Well done OUDAN.....

I think you will be very happy. A Colt is Battle proven, Battle tried, and if it's Good enough for the SEAL's down to the grunt in the trenches (No disrespect meant in any shape or form) fighting to stay alive or to protect his comrades, then By God it's good enough for me.
    Happy shooting, BT:cool:

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  8. towboater

I think youll be very happy with your choice. Congrats!!!!!!!!

9. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

COME ON FRIDAY!!!!! Lol I'm like a kid at Christmas time.

10. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Great choice for a fair price! Enjoy it!

11. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Good for you! :D

I feel that way every time I shoot my RR AR1251. I am able to do indoor ranges w/ frangible ammo.

12. Bikertrash58

Bikertrash58 New Member

Hey OUDAN !!

Let's see her, a picture that is. Assuming of course there wasn't a change of plans or some other hiccup Friday.......Just curios.

BT:cool:

13. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

U have a 6920 and its a great rifle you will enjoy it very much. Colt is top notch.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gratz!

This thread is useless without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:p

15. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Will have them tomorrow trust me!!!!

16. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

image-2048035221.jpg

I love her already!!!

17. towboater

There is love at first sight. Great looker.

18. mag318

mag318 Member

Colt is still the standard by which all the other ARs are measured by, and there are several good reasons justifying that fact. You bought a top tier carbine that will give you years of service and still hold it's value. There are a lot of really good ARs out there, some truly excellent, but you can't go wrong with a Colt.
    I've owned several ARs over the decades and never had a bad one. My latest is the 2013 version Colt 6920 with the excellent new Colt/Rogers stock. I have to say that the fit and finish is excellent and equal to any of the boutique ARs. I added a Mapul MOE+ rubberized grip that is an upgrade to their MOE standard and worthy of consideration.

Attached Files:

19. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I have shot government owned Colts for about 20 years now. I would love to have my own, but the company is not exporting to Germany. So, I bought a German engineered AR. Still, I would buy a Colt if they were offered over here. Bikertrash58's PDR looks real nice.

20. ProfBri

ProfBri New Member

Colt is solid, not outstanding, but very solid. All the responses here are correct, you won't be disappointed. There are others you could get that are better, in durability and function, a few for $2-300 less. But you won't go wrong with the Colt.

As far as being the standard that everything else is measured by??? I don't really think so. They're like Ford's. Course, I loved my Ford.

Don't whore your rifle up too much though!!! lol