Colt grips

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Whitewalker1911, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

Hey, my name is Laura, I'm new to the forum even though I've used it for info many times.

My question is: I have a Colt 45 1911 Gold Cup Trophy and I'm dying to get some grips worthy of this gun. As I'm sure many of you are aware, this particular model has a wraparound grip. Can I change that out for a pair of basic side grips? I've tried to find an answer but haven't been able to get a clear one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mahalo,
    --Laura

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

3. jp_over

jp_over New Member

You can check out brownells.com as well - lots of good stuff on there.

4. jp_over

jp_over New Member

5. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

Thanks so much! I was just worried that the fact that it comes with a wraparound grip might limit my choices for custom side grips, but I'm glad to find out otherwise!

I'll check out the custom grip makers you suggested, and I've found a few beauties on Brownells already. Particularly a pewter one that really caught my eye. My dream grip would be Abalone, though (don't even wanna know the hole THAT would burn in my pocket)

Haha, I feel you jp, sometimes I want a different grip for each mood. Leave it to me to pick 2 of the most bankrupting hobbies: guns & archery

6. luke1999

luke1999 New Member

You can also go to colts web sight and they carry some custom grips. Or look up ( the finer grain sarges grips). He has all kinds of custom grips. I have a colt combat elite 1911 that I have been looking for grips for it also but haven't found any that are in my price range. I hate when the nice grips are to expensive ,and all you can do is look. I hope this helps .luke1999