Colt Double Eagle Commander?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by guitarguy1, Mar 11, 2010.

1. guitarguy1

guitarguy1 New Member

I was in one of our local pawnshops today and came across this little beasty. I was curious if the $900 price tag was reasonable or overpriced. I looked on gunbroker and gunsamerica i think it was and saw that they were selling for around $560 - $700, so i thought that the $900 was fairly high and overpriced, but i wasnt really sure if this was the case or if there were just amazing deals on these sites.

The gun comes with a plastic carrying case and a spare magazine, but there is a large scratch on the front right side of the slide just behind where the sights sit.

Is this a deal or are they overpricing the pistol?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nothing special here. Colt was trying to appeal to a different bunch of folks so they made these for a few years. They aren't common but not especially valuable either, $900 is way overpriced...

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

900$ seems pretty steep for those guns. Let it sit on the shelf a few months and you'll get it for a more reasonable price-MAYBE.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The Colt Double Eagle was an answer to an unasked question.

The Colt 1911 customer was not looking for a double-action semi-automatic pistol with a decocking lever.

IMHO, it is stone ugly with its glockesk trigger guard, hinge trigger and morphed stock accommodating the decocking lever.

$900 is way too high, half that would be a steal <$600 would be OK for one in good shape.

There are some rare models like the Commander chambered in 10mm or .40 S&W.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010