Colt Da 41

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by leejan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. leejan

leejan New Member

Does any one know where ammo for a colt 41 can be purchased in Canada?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I dont know much about Canadian laws but if I were you I would just buy the reloading components for that caliber and make my own ammo for it.

3. leejan

leejan New Member

Thanks, I will look for that.

4. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

.41 Colt ammunition is pretty hard to find, hsving been discontinued many years ago. Maybe some specialty cowboy action stuff may be found.

As to making your own, I don't know what type of case you'd have to start with.

Bob Wright

5. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Could probably trim down 41 mag cases. I'm just guessing on that though I'm sure there are some experts here that have some good answers.

6. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

The .41 Colt is closer to the .38 Special than to the .41 Magnum. I had a chart at one time that told how to make old cartridges from new. Will try to locate it. Maybe the .38 S&W case could be used to make the .41 Short Colt.

Bob Wright

P.S. I just did a quick search. The case head diameter of the .41 Colt runs .404"~.406", with a rim of .431"~.432", and find nothing close except for even rarer cartridges. Best bet would be to find a custom run of .41 Colt brass.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  7. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Google it. Its out there. Midway has it. I bet you'd play H trying to ship it to Canada though. Midway has brass also,,,$60 for a bag of 100. Looks like that will ship to Canada. Several suppliers have cowboy ammo and brass.