Colt DA 41

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Perrotoro, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Perrotoro

Perrotoro New Member

How do I go about getting a range of values (depending on condition) for a Colt DA 41? I can attach pics if someone explains how to do so.

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Is it a model 1877? Pictures are great but for a closer value the pics have to be good. When you type in your post look down and click the button " manage attachments"

3. Perrotoro

Perrotoro New Member

Pics Attached - will work on quality

Ser Number 130213

Attached Files:

4. Perrotoro

Perrotoro New Member

How do I tell if its a model 1877?

it shows DA 41

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Exc. $2000
    Vgood. $1500
    Good. $750

6. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Looks like it was made about 1901.
    Does it function? both single and double action?
    From the pics I'd say $700 to $1000. If functional and nothing bad that I can't in pics.

7. Perrotoro

Perrotoro New Member

DA means double acting correct? Is there further ID such that I can find it pricing books? It functions in double action - cant get hammer to stay back (that'd be single action - correct?)

8. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Under Colt Revolvers, look for Model 1877 Double Action, Lightning, or Thunderer names. The .41 was known in the trade (Never by Colt) as the Thunderer.

It was also called the "Birdshead Colt" and "Self Cocking" .41

Bob Wright

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

That model is very often found that don't function. Some work either SA or DA but not both ways. Not the most durable design that Colt made but they are quite old and many have seen alot of use. Many say they are quite complicated but that is not really true. I would not have it worked on. Like many old guns prices are hard to nail down due to each gun being worn slightly different and several variations. Looking again at your rather blurry pics I think $550 to $750 is closer. I just seen a very similar one sell for $650 and it was fully functional.

10. Perrotoro

Perrotoro New Member

Thanks soo much ...

Bob Wright and hiwall - very informative.