Colt Brand Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by JTJ, Mar 7, 2014.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I've seen Colt match ammo at MidwayUSA once or twice, never any like that though.

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Why would they sell their name like that? Are they that hard up for cash? :(

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've got a few boxes of S&W branded .357 from the '70s. Decided to keep it when they quit selling it. Never have seen Colt ammo though.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

I had no idea.

5. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Is that ammo valuable? There's some .357 and .38+p ammo in my grandfather's gun cabinet leftover from before he passed.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Probably made in Eastern europe or Russia. Why shouldn't they sell highj quality ammo under their own name???

If Colt puts their name on it, you can bet it meets their standards.

And it also shoots down the foolishness that steel cased ammo shouldn't be used in the AR-15.

7. locutus

One would think that Hornady's decision to use steel cases in their super-premium match ammo, designed for rather delicate $3000 match pistols, and now Colt's decision to import steel case ball for their AR-15 would put the "old wives tales" to rest once and for all.

But apparently this is not the case.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I, for one, was a little pissed, when I bought a box

of that Hornady ammo, only to find out later it was

steel, and not brass.

9. longunner

longunner New Member

I have a few boxes of this colt ammo, but its .308 not .223. I was getting MOA out of it at 100 yards...I'm happy with that at $8 a box

10. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Should have bought more....:cool:

Russian ammo made by Bear.

11. BWM243

BWM243 Member

Looks like they are getting rid of brass so the re loader will have trouble getting brass to reload! I will be getting some more brass soon!

12. locutus

There will always be a market for brass case ammo. The same folks who make ammo make a ton of money selling bullets, primers and powder as well as ammo.

But lotsa folks that don't reload,like the steel case for the price. Makes a lot of sense from a marketing viewpoint.