Colt at Wally World??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sparky17, Apr 26, 2012.

1. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

I was just in Walmart and saw a Colt LE6920 for sale. Price was $1097. If I had the money it would be going home with me now. I was shocked to see a Colt at Walmart. If any one is in Colorado and wants
    one it is at the store in Castle Rock.

2. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

The local wal mart here in North Carolina carries them too.

3. kaido

kaido New Member

Man, the Wally worlds up here don't even carry a 10/22 at all. I know they used to before there was a silly law that got implemented in 89 or 91, thankfully it was scrapped.

Kind of hoping that in the next year or so they'll start to bring back their firearms sections.

4. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

This one here carries 3-4 different brands of AR but the Colt is the only one worth buying IMO.

5. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Most of the stores around here don't carry guns. I was just shocked to see a Colt at one of the few that does. I had only seen Bushmasters before.

6. rayssrr

rayssrr New Member

My walmart has colt but do you think it is the same quality? They just say colt/m4 I believe.

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

That's a good question. I have heard they carry a lower quality version of firearms badged the same as the one's available at normal gun retailers. A google search would probably net you an answer.

8. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

well the savage axis i bought at wal mart is the same quality/fit & finish as the ones i held in the more expensive stores in town. same with the mini 14's, 10/22's, remmy 870's, mossberg 500's, benelli nova's, etc., etc.

next people will be saying the winchester & federal ammo they sell at wal mart is inferior to the same ammo at other stores :rolleyes:

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

You do realize name brand manufacturers make lower end models for Walmart? Walmart is huge and they have a lot of pull.

10. Model70

Model70 Member

Not calling BS yet, but do you have sources for that info?

11. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Look up the federal ammo number on one from Walmart and one from someone else. All I know is the one from Walmart will say made for Walmart. I don't know about the guns but I know the ammo is different. But it will still do the trick.

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Look into it. Ask a sales associate. I'm sure they'll shoot you straight.

13. Model70

Model70 Member

So.... Nothing? Now I'm calling BS.

Every gun I've bought at wal-mart has been just as good as anywhere else. They even let me look through their catalog. I could get any gun from any brand they carry. Remington, Savage, Mossberg, Marlin, etc.

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Whatever you say.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Mike are you just a royal Jack@$$ or a 13 year old kid troll that thinks he's smart? Yes Walmart does have their own "class" of guns but they are just as good as the guns you buy at gander mountain or cabelas cuz guess what bud? They are the EXACT SAME DAMN GUN as the one sold at Walmart whether it be a colt m4 or a remmy 700 sps

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Not a kid and far from thinking I'm anything I'm not. My prior response was a nice/short way of saying, although wrong believe what you may I don't care to argue the point. I have learned the majority here are set in their way and often cling to ideals of a time long gone.

Plus don't forget how many people work for that corporation. Maybe someone here knows an employee or is an employee of said corporation.

This is the drawn out post I was trying to avoid.

I didn't know folks were so defensive about their Walmart purchases. Name calling? You're way to old for that.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

This idea that Walmart carries lower quality guns than other retailers is absolutely ridiculous.

they are the same guns, made by the same makers. The manufacturer is NOT making any special runs of crap guns, NOR are they throwing any "factory seconds" into a special bin labeled "for sale at Walmart only"

Get over it. If it makes you feel cheap and dirty to buy a gun at Walmart, then don't do it.

And when you make claims like this,.back it up with proof. I've heard a lot about this, and have yet to see ANY proof.

18. Model70

Model70 Member

My thoughts exactly.

19. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

So what proof do you have to back up your claims? You demand it of others but are not willing to provide your own? Show me where it says they don't receive a special variant.

Read my posts again. You'll notice I said I have heard about this practice with firearms. Nowhere will you see where I said it was true.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  20. RMP1394-RLTW

RMP1394-RLTW New Member

I cannot speak to Walmart but I can speak to home depot. I would imagine it is the same situation.

I run a small environmental company in Florida. Therefore I am responsible for purchasing small tools along with much larger purchases. A while back we made a very large purchase of power tools for a job we were awarded. The tools we had on hand we running fine, I just wanted back up equipment for this project so that we would not need to stop work and have I sacrifice production. The tools purchased were De Walt, HILTI. Home depot had some good pricing so we went that route (normally we would order from Grainger out of convenience).

Just like anything else, my guys saw new shiny tools and they got excited. Long story short, the new home depot tools quickly died out under very tough use. Now keep in mind, I personally have de Walt tools at home and have been running them for years with out a problem. We got through the job with the old Grainger tools f the same manufacturer.

Job was completed and I went to my tool rep. (I have a relationship with a direct HILTI manufacturer rep). His answer was short and sweet. "the tools purchased and ordered from Home depot are of a slightly lesser quality than the ones for a store such as Grainger.".

Again, I cannot speak to Walmart but I would imagine it is no different than home depot.

Just my .02.

Ryan...RLTW!