Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I have observed many replica percussion revolvers that have the Colt Address on top of the barrel. I have collected a few stories about these and would like to hear from anyone who has an idea on the history of these markings.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Never saw one. Would be hard to do outside of a factory since they were roll stamped.

·
Banned
220 Posts
I have a "Wells Fargo" CVA replica with the Colt markings on the cylinder. I think it's part of the "replica" thing . . . I have a Spanish replica Philidelpha Deringer w/ the markings too.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have a "Wells Fargo" CVA replica with the Colt markings on the cylinder. I think it's part of the "replica" thing . . . I have a Spanish replica Philidelpha Deringer w/ the markings too.
Engraved cylinders and patent dates yes but not the Colt address on the barrel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are out there - Dixie Gun Works got a shipment in back in the 80s that were marked that way. I bought an Italian 1860 Army and a Walker that had the Colt address on the top of the barrel from them. I sold both years ago - wished I still had them. They were kind of unique. They sold that shipment and the next ones that came in were changed.

About a year ago there was a pair of Italian Colt Navies in .44 caliber sold on Gun Broker that were marked that way.(I know its the wrong caliber for a Navy). They would have made a nice collector set - but they were selling for more than the 2nd Generation or Signature Series Colts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts