Colt 380 Mustang Pocketlite

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by eborden1122, Dec 3, 2011.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Has anyone had any experience with this pistol? Would this be better than a Walther ppk? Thanks, Ed

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

the older ones were good guns better than the ppks. the new ones i dunno. i went with the bersa thunder 380.

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It's essentially the same design as the Sig P238. So that oughta tell yo something.

4. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I have a Mustang PLUS II in .380. It's accurate, but I wouldn't want to shoot it all day. These old hands get sore.

I have a PPK (circa 1939), in .32 auto. It is also accurate, but it has a smaller grip. Not a shoot all day either. Not because of recoil, but the small grip seems to get lost in my hand.

FWIW

5. jdgeroy

jdgeroy New Member

I had a Colt Government Pocketlite, a hair bigger than the Mustang and one more round in the mag. It is basically a miniature 1911, good gun. Very reliable, but because of the light frame had a bit of recoil.

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

I had an older model Colt Mustang back in the day and it was a finicky bugger to feed. It did not like hollow point ammo and would feed ball ammo only. It would FTF on many occassions. Not a great gun to count on. Not too sure about their newer model, have not seen it yet. I do, however have a Sig P238. It shoots anything I put in it!! It has not failed to shoot 100% from day one. But it is a Sig and it is costly for a weapon that shoots .380, but the wife likes it and we both love the 1911 style platform. I should say we did not jump on the bandwagon in 2009 when Sig brought these out. We waited more than a year for the bugs to get worked out. I suggest you do the same as far as the Colt Mustang. Let someone else ring them out and work out any kinks..JMHO of course.