Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Sig and GSG made a 1911 in .22 but never knew about a colt version does anyone have any knowledge of these? Its listed at $439.95.

·
Retired
13,590 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Sig is made for them by GSG. It's one of the few firearms they don't produce for themselves.

I have shot the GSG & found it to be a good shooter right out of the box. Don't own one but work in a LGS with an indoor range and get to shoot lots of new toys that customers that become friends like to share:D.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
The Colt .22 1911 can be had in Gold Cup as well. I have a GSG 1911 .22 with the after market barrel bushing and guide rod. Damn nice .22 plinker. It has filled many body bags. With empty beer cans.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stupid question.....i have a nikel colt 1911 ,70 series government in 45. Its been use a little. Should i sell it for 1300 or keep ir?!

·
Registered
456 Posts
GunRunner said:
This is a picture of it and if its not good sorry I only took the one.
Yeah that's the one I got except mine is the "rail gun" version. There's 3 versions (govt model/rail gun/gold cup). Made by Walther, licensed by Colt, imported by Umarex; confusing huh! A lot of parts on this are interchangeable with actual colt 45 parts, so lots of options to make it unique. Very happy I got it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Mine has been excellent for about 1,000 rounds. I have the base model and it has never FTE/FTF. Real accurate and the only thing I would like better would be better sights like the Gold Cup model. Not willing to trade though because mine is so good.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice to see some fellow Colt/Umarex folks on here. For the OP, here's a picture of the different models...

aandabooks said:
Mine has been excellent for about 1,000 rounds. I have the base model and it has never FTE/FTF. Real accurate and the only thing I would like better would be better sights like the Gold Cup model. Not willing to trade though because mine is so good.
You can order the Gold Cup sights if you want them. I ordered some stuff through Umarex and it was a pleasant experience if you want to go that route.. Part #'s below

Front sight, Gold Cup, assembly: 517.702.01
Rear sight, Gold Cup, assembly: 517.702.02

Attachments

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
vlad77 said:
Stupid question.....i have a nikel colt 1911 ,70 series government in 45. Its been use a little. Should i sell it for 1300 or keep ir?!
I have one, my avatar. My carry choice. Keep it!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I have a Colt Ace, post WWII. Great to shoot a 1911 with cheap ammo. I think Blue Book is around a grand, and pre WWII at about $3500.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
vlad77 said:
What are your thoughts on a desert eagle 44?!

Good or junk?
It's just me, but I don't like their looks or the reason for .44 mag semi auto. My 4" 629 is about 35yrs old and magna ported. I love it. Just a matter of taste. I use Cabela's Gun Library to get some idea of value. They are high. Gun Broker too.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
So back to this colt .22 would any recommend this over the brown .22 that was released a few months back?
In a NY minute!

I've got both, the GSG and the Colt Gold Cup.

They both are heads above the Browning I shot.

The Colt is worth the up-charge over the GSG.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts