colt 1903 32 cal

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by blitzen25cat, Aug 26, 2011.

1. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

I picked this up for $275 and have a few questions. The mag is marked 32 cal colt on the floorplate and has 4 rectangular indents which seems to hold the floorplate in place. What puzzles me is that is not the two tone color and the follower is a bit smaller. The mag is not new as it has the same finish as the pistol which would grade at 75-80%. It feeds and fires excellent and I am amazed how accurate it is at 7 yards. It has excellent grips-hard rubber or bakelite-cant tell. Serial no. is403xxx(1922). I got this apart for a good cleaning and had one hell of a time to re-assemble-needed 3 hands. Is there any tricks for easy assembly. Thanks in advance for any help. best regards

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Those are very nice little pistols- and at a good price. If you reload, you can do a "gallery" load with one pellet of single ought buckshot. IF yours is a Second Model (no barrel bushing)......

Trying the remember the re-assembly process- try holding frame in left hand, pointing to right. Barrel, turned so locking grooves are to the side, inserted in slide. Place slide on frame, push back until line/arrow of slide is at edge of frame, grip slide with LEFT thumb, use right hand to rotate barrel, locking slide to frame.

colt1903cal32b.jpg click pic to enlarge

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

4. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

Thanks 3C It realy helps when you follow directions-A friend told me how to fieldstrip this over the phone. It came apart pretty easy but the re-assembly was close to impossible. Your directions make it very easy. Got it down pat now. Thanks again Best regards.:D