Colt 1873 Single Action Revolvers (Reproductions)

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Boris, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Boris

Boris New Member

Gentlemen

I am preparing a shopping list of must have stuff as I am planning a trip to the US in the Fall. I fancy treating myself to a 4.75" Single Action army revolver, now I want the closest repro to the original I can get and perhaps you may be able to assist on the advice of calibre for reloading 45/44-40/38-40?

I also intend to get some leatherwork, perhaps El Paso, so I can get too sit in my office in France watching the TV shooting, the bad guys in black hats! I have also commissioned the Middleton Brothers in Sheffield (although retired) to build a bowie knife, it's going to be the coolist rig West of Rennes. Now I don't want you real cowboys out there taking the micky, it's the closest I'll ever get..........:)

2. npbwbass

npbwbass New Member

Been awhile since I single actioned

Hi Boris,

I use the 44 40 in a Colt New Frontier. I find that the Hornady 240 grain lead bullet over 8.5 grains of Blue Dot shoot pretty good. You are in for a lot of fun with that project. Enjoy!

3. Boris

Boris New Member

Any suggestion on the manufacturer...Hartford etc?

4. npbwbass

npbwbass New Member

Colt custom shop

If money is not an issue then the Colt Custom Shop would be where I would go. I don't have any experience with other clone makers of the P frame Colt.

5. Zappa

Zappa New Member

From all I've read and seen on the subject, USFA is making the highest quality and most historically correct Colt SAA replicas.

http://www.usfirearms.com/

Too bad they're not Mass. compliant...........:mad:

6. Boris

Boris New Member

Thanks, I checked them out.......

7. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

You can take a look at the Uberti

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or you can invest in a Colt and Galco Trailboss Holster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

I also Like The Ruger Vaqueros

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John Bianchi makes some very nice leather

[​IMG]

9. Boris

Boris New Member

Yes thanks for that, I am leaning toward Uberti, their qualitity has been consistantly good, and both Colt and Clint Eastwood can't both be wrong?...........:)

10. blackhawk45

blackhawk45 New Member

Take a look at Cimarron F.A. they are made by Uberti. I just bought a Cimarron Thunderer in 45Colt,and this SA Revolver is Flawless.