Colorado laws stop gun buyback

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Jul 24, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Cry me a river!!!:D

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Stupid Liberals. Vote!!!!!!!!!!

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Colorado some 20 years ago encouraged companies to move to their state. They forgot that stray dogs also come with fleas. :eek:

5. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

6. JimRau

Colorado is a classic example of 'Californacation'!!!:mad:
    That is why I left my 'home' state.:(

7. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Hahaha, retards get what they deserve. Screwed themselves with their own dumb law.

8. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Why would one need to pass a background check to 'turn in' a firearm?
    Maybe because they are 'buying' it back?

Seems like there's something missing or I'm missing something here. :confused:

9. JWagner

JWagner New Member

Probably the law is written so that all transfers of firearms require a background check on the new owner.

10. Millwright

Millwright Member

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I find it amazing how most liberals can see or breath with there heads that far up there own asses. :D

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

silliness, well at least they accomplished one thing.. stopping the illegal buy back program.. nice.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I wonder if they will ever realize that if they accept one single stolen gun in the buyback they are committing a federal felony. Those guns need to be returned to their rightful owners.

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Beyond what is pointed out above, if they have to go through with a background check then are giving away the gun(s) they bought, even to the police, that could count as a "straw man" purchase.

Don't you just love it when liberals write laws, and wind up screwing themselves via their own shortsightedness? :D

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

No gun buy back is legal under Federal Law. In order to create a gun buy back you must first have a Business plan of some nature. You must raise capital enlist help and secure a location as well as advertise your intent.
    There is no way this can be allowed as a casual private gun purchase. Just try buying firearms on a street corner for private use.:rolleyes:

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

While this is true in fact, it has never been prosecuted. Ever. And it never will be unless somebody sues the organization doing the buyback. Have you been advocating bringing a lawsuit against a buyback program? Perhaps with your local NRA?

17. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I have never bought a gun on a street corner, but I have bought quite a few in parking lots. Totally legal here in AZ.

18. JimRau

I say there are MANY among us who need windshield wipers on their stomach!!!;) That is how they can see, but breathing is 'whole' nother question!!! I guess they live on 'greenhouse gas'!!!:eek:

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It may or may not be totally legal in Arizona. Both individuals must be a residents of the same state regardless of where you reside. If it can be proven that the firearm crossed a state line without a legal transfer you have a problem. To be in possession of a stolen firearm is a Federal felony. Be very careful about casual firearms purchases. :(

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I really don't know about law suites regarding "Gun Buy Backs"? There have been hundreds shut down by the BATF and local law enforcement. They usually shut down after an official warning.
    The gun buy backs are nothing more than political statements. If these groups were serious about reducing street crimes they would include drugs as well. The do not buy syringes, pipes, pills or drugs. But then if they did the people buying the guns back would be "High".:eek: