Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,525 Posts
All cops know that domestic violence calls are the very most dangerous kind. Anything can and does happen in these calls. DA's apparently don't know this or care. CO Springs is one of the WOKE cities in CO along with Denver, Boulder, Pueblo I hear and no telling where else. Ironically, other parts of CO are very conservative. Perhaps the DA should do some time for complicity.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
So, according to KRDO news the shooter has just been identified as "Non Binary".

So, no MAGA hate crime.

The coverage on this shooting has been very odd from the beginning.

They normally go into to great detail about what kind of weapon he had and what the magazine capacity was.

They normally stress the fact that the shooter passed the background check and implied background checks should be stricter. The fact that they haven't mentioned any of that at all indicates to me that he probably bought the gun illegally. You, know like criminals do?

They actually mentioned that this guy was actually involved in a standoff with the police a year ago. He threatened his mother with a gun. He built a bomb. He got arrested, and the DA dismissed all charges.

This shooting does nothing to advance the Left's narrative and I expect it to vanish from the headlines shortly.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
About an hour ago, they showed the shooter. In a wheelchair with knots all over his head, said to be unable to stand. Looked to be a fat white guy. Colorado's molly coddling criminals and obviously bat-crap crazies is apparently not an effective way to stop such tragedies. There'll be more. "Closed Records" on priors is beyond dumb.

·
Premium Member
6,525 Posts
About an hour ago, they showed the shooter. In a wheelchair with knots all over his head, said to be unable to stand. Looked to be a fat white guy. Colorado's molly coddling criminals and obviously bat-crap crazies is apparently not an effective way to stop such tragedies. There'll be more. "Closed Records" on priors is beyond dumb.
There are pics of him on internet FOX news. He got beaten up pretty good. Doubt if he feels very good right now. Somebodies beat the heck out of him.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another person with serious mental health issues that should not have been allowed access to firearms.

This is going to be a difficult issue for society to grapple with. No one should be stripped of their Constitutional rights without due process. At what point does a person's mental health issues cross the line that should bar them from access to firearms. We might all know someone that is [email protected] crazy but hasn't yet done anything violent but we would not want to be anywhere near them if they were holding a gun.

So where do we as a society draw the line?

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Another person with serious mental health issues that should not have been allowed access to firearms.

This is going to be a difficult issue for society to grapple with. No one should be stripped of their Constitutional rights without due process. At what point does a person's mental health issues cross the line that should bar them from access to firearms. We might all know someone that is [email protected] crazy but hasn't yet done anything violent but we would not want to be anywhere near them if they were holding a gun.

So where do we as a society draw the line?
I kinda think when he threatened Grandma with a bomb, surrendered to a SWAT team, got neighborhood evacuated ...some people might've considered him a half-bubble off of plumb. Media did a blip to the effect that in Colorado if charges aren't filed, the incident reports are closed records. Hindsight's always 20/20 and finger-pointing predictable. In this case, people died and others seriously injured. System failed predictably.

·
Premium Member
6,525 Posts
I kinda think when he threatened Grandma with a bomb, surrendered to a SWAT team, got neighborhood evacuated ...some people might've considered him a half-bubble off of plumb. Media did a blip to the effect that in Colorado if charges aren't filed, the incident reports are closed records. Hindsight's always 20/20 and finger-pointing predictable. In this case, people died and others seriously injured. System failed predictably.
We used to put them in places called "insane asylums" which were horrible places. We should build them again, manage them better and put these tent people in them whether they want it or not then provide them the medical treatment they need. Society should not have to put up with them soiling the sidewalks and throwing it on people. That's where you draw the line. It's when they become a menace to society and contribute to filth in the community. They should be the ones that clean it up first. People just need to quit being bleeding hearts and do what needs to be done.

·
Supporting Member
15,136 Posts
Colorado and its liberal California type court systems are IMO also guilty of allowing this shooting to happen.
Let me see 5 felonies and basically nothing happened to the scum bag. And next thought after he had been arrested his case sealed. And did they go confiscate his guns due to the felony charges? Evidently not! That is why I say some of these prosecutors and judges are as bad as the people standing in front of them,
We can thank George Soros and others for the liberal abortions that are occurring in our Nation.

And Southernguns you are right! Years ago they shut Centeral State Mental Hospial in Indianapolis down. Opened the doors and let them go! And did the same in southren Indiana at the Muscatatuck Mental Hospital opened the doors and sent them on their way!
No wonder we are having the problems we are having today, and the liberal courts are the icing on the cake!
The only good thing that happened was after Central State Mental Hospital was empty it was an excellent place for Law Enforcement and SWAT Training! And when they got ready to tear it down, we could do breeching drills on the doors both ram and explosive breeching.
But Prosecutors and Judges need to put a priority on protecting the citizens, not the criminals!

·
Premium Member
6,525 Posts
Colorado and its liberal California type court systems are IMO also guilty of allowing this shooting to happen.
Let me see 5 felonies and basically nothing happened to the scum bag. And next thought after he had been arrested his case sealed. And did they go confiscate his guns due to the felony charges? Evidently not! That is why I say some of these prosecutors and judges are as bad as the people standing in front of them,
We can thank George Soros and others for the liberal abortions that are occurring in our Nation.
The obvious question is what were people doing in an LBGTQ+ABCDXYZ club in the first place??? Exactly what do they do in places like that??

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.