Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Interesting thread headline you have, sir. Almost sounds like that evil gun just up and killed a bunch of people all by itself. Interesting first post, welcome to the forum, go introduce yourself, please, we'd love to meet you.
Colorado Gun fired killed 5 people in Club Q LGBTQ gay night club in USA on 20 November 2022"
I did notice that seemingly none of the news stories want to publish a photo of the murderer or identify the rifle. For clarity's sake, my work blocker stopped me from going to your link, in case they actually did do one or the other.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Followup from Fox News...
Colorado LGBTQ nightclub shooting: questions remain over how suspect obtained firearms despite past arrest
Two interesting things in the story;
"This is the kind of red flag that really should prevent somebody from having access to dangerous firearms," he, (former Cook County Chicago Assistant States Attorney Dan Kirk), said. "I think that all states and the federal government need to take a good hard look at creating sensible red flag laws."
Funny...Colorado HAS a Red Flag law...looks like it worked as well as any other unilateral personal disarmament laws, i.e., poorly, at best.
Second is this gem;
"Vasquez told her the suspect was "hurt" when two nightclub patrons took him down. According to the mayor, one of the patrons beat the suspect with one of his own guns."
Now THAT'S poetic justice.

·
Administrator
1,694 Posts
@usanewsfox - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information about the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
This was about a mile from my home.
I actually drove by it yesterday morning and there was one cop car and some crime scene tape and I actually thought based on where the crime scene tape was that some homeless person had froze to death behind the 7-Eleven last night.

Yesterday afternoon on my way home I drove down that street again and there was a crowd of hundreds of people outside the club protesting against hateful, homophobic white people I guess. I had no idea "Club Q" existed before yesterday morning.

Yesterday morning, KRDO (ABC) news was reporting it specifically as a "Hate Crime". They were stating it as fact. Last night at 10:00 the gunman's motives "remained unclear".

It also appears that the shooter (surprise surprise) has multiple priors. Including one in which his mother reported him to the police for having built a bomb.

Police are now investigating how he acquired a gun.

Colorado has:
Universal background checks
Red Flag Laws
and Magazine Capacity Restrictions.

None of which stopped this from happening

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always said that I don't care if someone is gay or queer or whatever as long as they don't "rub my nose in it." I think that having these drag shows where they do, particularly around kids, is "rubbing our noses in it."

Now we have to see commercials on TV that are obviously promoting gay men and women. It's impossible for kids not to see those.

So, they have reached the point that it has become very offensive and abusive to me and especially where it is aimed at children.

I knew when I first heard many years ago that schools were starting to "teach" sex education at a very young age that our society was going to be abused and will eventually lead to violence....and we are definitely at that point. Gay pride parades and shows are obnoxious, and those people are stupid and just asking for trouble by rubbing everyone else's nose in it and flaunting being gay and queers.

·
Administrator
1,694 Posts
@mavs - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information about the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Supporting Member
15,151 Posts
Southernguns

IMO there has been an influx of loose ethical Commiefornians into Colorado over the past few years, therefore changing the complexity of the state. And depleting the ethics of what use to be in my view, a great state!

Reactions: JimRau

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Southernguns

IMO there has been an influx of loose ethical Commiefornians into Colorado over the past few years, therefore changing the complexity of the state. And depleting the ethics of what use to be in my view, a great state!

I agree 100%, Sniper. Parts of CO are great but Denver, Boulder, and CO Springs are lost and infested with....you know.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Interesting that the original poster has not returned from his single post. Still waiting for a picture of the murderer - something is rather off in that they won't publish that item. Also, a new report stated that the killer DID have an Ar style rifle, but was using a handgun when the retired Army Major disarmed him and pistol whipped him with his own gun.

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, SIG 365 Subcompact
13,425 Posts
For those that really want to see what the idiot looks like...

Edit: Ok, go to YouTube and search the video "Club shooting suspect made threats against mother last year, landlord confirms", on Denver7: the Denver channel

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
Yep, the creep threatened to kill his Mother. The court records pertaining to the case were sealed.

"In 2021, Aldrich’s mother called the police on her son, reporting that he was threatening her with a homemade bomb and other weapons. Police responded to the threat by evacuating part of the neighborhood and engaging in a standoff with Aldrich, before he surrendered and was charged with five felony counts including kidnapping and felony menacing. More than two-thirds of mass shootings are domestic violence incidents or perpetrated by shooters with a history of domestic violence, a 2021 study found.

According to the Washington Post, it’s not clear why local prosecutors declined to pursue charges in the case, and court records for the case were placed under seal, the Colorado Springs Gazette reports."

Colorado Shooter Is Reportedly Grandson of MAGA Lawmaker, Has History of Domestic Violence (msn.com)

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
The good news: The perp remains in the hospital in bad shape from the beating.

The police detained the good guy:

The New York Times reported that when police arrived, however, Richard M. Fierro was at Club Q with his wife and daughter when the shooting started. He beat the shooter so bloody he was covered. So, when police arrived, Fierro was arrested and thrown in jail for over an hour.

"Mr. Fierro said he was covered in blood when the police arrived, and officers tackled him and put him in handcuffs. He said he was held in a police car for more than an hour, and screamed and pleaded to be let go so that he could see what had happened to his family," the report said.

Hero from the Colorado Springs shooting was arrested and thrown in jail after trying to help save people (msn.com)

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
The good news: The perp remains in the hospital in bad shape from the beating.

The police detained the good guy:

The New York Times reported that when police arrived, however, Richard M. Fierro was at Club Q with his wife and daughter when the shooting started. He beat the shooter so bloody he was covered. So, when police arrived, Fierro was arrested and thrown in jail for over an hour.

"Mr. Fierro said he was covered in blood when the police arrived, and officers tackled him and put him in handcuffs. He said he was held in a police car for more than an hour, and screamed and pleaded to be let go so that he could see what had happened to his family," the report said.

Hero from the Colorado Springs shooting was arrested and thrown in jail after trying to help save people (msn.com)
So, now, the police teach citizens to mind their own business and let it happen.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
"In 2021, Aldrich’s mother called the police on her son, reporting that he was threatening her with a homemade bomb and other weapons. Police responded to the threat by evacuating part of the neighborhood and engaging in a standoff with Aldrich, before he surrendered and was charged with five felony counts including kidnapping and felony menacing. More than two-thirds of mass shootings are domestic violence incidents or perpetrated by shooters with a history of domestic violence, a 2021 study found.

According to the Washington Post, it’s not clear why local prosecutors declined to pursue charges in the case, and court records for the case were placed under seal, the Colorado Springs Gazette reports."

Just watch! The perp will be released on bail and will file a suit against the good guy!
And tie him up in court procedures and lawyer fees for years!

After all, he was free to roam about with 5 felony accounts against him already. With the records sealed, yet!

ellis

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.